Mass effect 2 quit loading

by dethangel2010

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect 2 quit loading

★ Novice
I have had tons of issues with mass effect 2 over the last few weeks. I finally had it running for the last few days and went to play it tonight with no luck. When I clicked the shortcut it wouldn't load and origin said it was running when even in task manager I couldn't find it. It's even caused video tdr failure. I'm attempting yet another uninstall reinstall but was wondering if anyone else was having this problem
Message 1 of 4 (402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass effect 2 quit loading

★ Novice

I actually did try that and it too did not work. After the reinstall, that still did not work. What finally did work was going into the file bin on my PC and launching it from there. That solution was not working previously.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (594 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @dethangel2010

Could you try to disable background applications (especially any antivirus software) and run game as admin?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (388 Views)

★ Novice

I actually did try that and it too did not work. After the reinstall, that still did not work. What finally did work was going into the file bin on my PC and launching it from there. That solution was not working previously.

Message 3 of 4 (595 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm glad you managed to launch the game after all @dethangel2010 Standard smile

I'll mark your post as accepted solution for now, but if you'll need any further help, let us know!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (375 Views)