Re: Mass effect 2 help!

by holger1405

Original Post

@trevgrad08

Which folders exactly did you move and where did you putt them? (Full path please)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 14 (367 Views)

★ Apprentice

I moved all files and folders.. but it doesn’t make sense. It worked when I switched to user with no game content. Even after I deleted all the files and uninstalled the game, under user, it still didn’t work. I honestly think that something in the game is corrupted. Would a different key help? My original key that I got for the trilogy, never worked and that’s basically what started the whole thing. When I bought the trilogy, I had to get help right away because apparently the key that came with the game, somehow was already in use and I had to contact support and had them give me a different key just so it’d work. As of right now, I have no game content or files on my pc. No profiles. So I’m not sure what to do. Game 1 and 3 work but not 2. I’ve alsi read that there’s been cases where people have said that one of the games never works. It’ll be 1 and 3 that’ll work and not 2. Or 2 and 3 will work and not 1. I also think that part of the issue is the type of system I have. It’s not compatible with the games in general and it’s a pain in the butt to get it working.

Message 12 of 14 (353 Views)

@trevgrad08

1. Delete the new user account you created > Reboot.
  2. Create a different new user account (Administrator) > Reboot > Log in to the new user account and test the game.

If the game runs in this new user account do not move any files just now. Inform us, then we will give you a guide how to move the files.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 14 (334 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ll get back to you.

Message 14 of 14 (320 Views)