Re: Mass effect 2 disc read error

by Avorniel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect 2 disc read error

★★★ Novice

Hi I am trying to install Mass effect 2 but the origin installer keeps coming up with disc read error at 37% and it is a brand new disc just out of the box for the first time can anyone help me with this?

Message 1 of 8 (5,335 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

have you tried downloading it? Try not using the disc to install it.....it will take longer, but it should work

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (5,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I thought it was just my disc but it seems other people have this issue. The only other way to get it as download it like vrean said. Have fun.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (5,822 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

have you tried downloading it? Try not using the disc to install it.....it will take longer, but it should work

Message 2 of 8 (5,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I thought it was just my disc but it seems other people have this issue. The only other way to get it as download it like vrean said. Have fun.

Message 3 of 8 (5,823 Views)

★★★ Novice
Well I would prefer to use the disc as origin download speed is only 200kb\s at the highest even though my download speed should he 12mb\s and as it turns out I may just have a faulty disc drive so I sent my computer to get fixed which I hope they do without formatting the hard drive
Message 4 of 8 (5,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My disk 1 was faulty couldn't even image copy is as it came up with a bad code,had to download it after 22 1/2 hours it worked fine so then I used the masseffectConfig to import my ME charater to ME2 and as most posts have said that just caused the game to not even work it syncs. thats all..so not going to do another 22 1/2 hour download so got a replacement coming today lets hope it works otherwise I am going to get annoyed considering the config issue has been ongoing for over 3 years lol.

On a side note all Disk 1 of ME & ME3 came up with disk reading errors which Is unacceptable manged to get ME to install after several attempts but ME3 I had to use Daemon Tools Image burner to copy the image of the disks then install that way which works(got the information about that from the old BW forums.

The Legacy Edition is a great package just shame the QA didn't sort the Config out in ME2 and catch the fauly batch of DVD's...

Message 5 of 8 (5,285 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well got new Legacy Package and guess what same thing ME2 Disk 1 Read error while trying to install the game..how many do I have to go through before I get a working copy ????

Amazon are getting annoyed ....

Message 6 of 8 (5,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Took 3 attempts to get a working Disk 2 ,in a sense it's a shame really as the option's for the 3rd try were :-

1. get another sent in the post and if doesn't work get a refund

2. Amazon were willing to pull the whole lot out of circulation and stop selling them till the issues is fixed ,but if they did that all I would of got is a refund.

Wonder if it would of made EA/BW sit up if a major seller stopped selling there faulty Trilogy Package

Message 7 of 8 (5,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My installation also stuck with disc read errors. Also the trilogy package. I thought the disk was faulty so I ordered a single disk which I will only get after the 15TH. So annoyed as I do not have uncapped Internet to do a download for a product I paid for.
Message 8 of 8 (2,488 Views)