Re: Mass effect 2 Overlord DLC Crash

by 420420420024

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect 2 Overlord DLC Crash

★★ Novice

The game crashes when leaving to one of the secondary bases. I have it with Miranda and Jacob , as well as Grunt and Garrot in my team, immediately after the cut-scene with Hammerhead leaving Prometheus (or at least I think its Prometheus) station after destroying the satellite. Don't even get to the load-out screen.

I tried reinitialising the mission from the beginning with no effect.

My system specs are: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU , 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional sp1, 

Mass effect 2 digital deluxe edition, bought on Origin ( all dlc's installed)

Message 1 of 3 (9,307 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Ok i nailed it:

It seems that for some reason Origin deliveres the game unpatched. Downloading and installing the ME2 1.02 Patch from Bioware website solved the issue in my case. 

Strange though that Origin does not deliver the last version of the game....

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (10,088 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Ok i nailed it:

It seems that for some reason Origin deliveres the game unpatched. Downloading and installing the ME2 1.02 Patch from Bioware website solved the issue in my case. 

Strange though that Origin does not deliver the last version of the game....

Message 2 of 3 (10,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think you should restore your computer to an earlier point. Use System Restore as shown below:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools.

2. Click System Restore.

3. Click Next button.

4. Select a restore point and then restore your computer.

Optimize background services and stop conflicting programs and services. Click Start, type "Services.msc" in the Search Box and press ENTER. Stop background services. Reboot.

Message 3 of 3 (8,792 Views)