Re: Mass Effect- Xbox One DLC Problem

by Th3VaultVids

Original Post

Mass Effect- Xbox One DLC Problem

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello.

I was instructed by Microsoft support to contact someone from Bioware about a problem on Xbox one. So the problem is the dlc is not working. I've been through all the steps to try to make it work. So I'm trying to play Mass Effect 2, backwards compatible on my Xbox one. I start the game, I go into extra content, all of the dlc is there. It says owned but I cannot download it. I have the original code for the Zaeed dlc. I tried to input it in hopes anything would happen. 

Now what I've found is, if you go into "New content available" in game and re download some of the dlc, it will work. I had to log into Xbox.com to get the Kasumi dlc. Most of the dlc is not in the Xbox one online store so it makes it all the more frustrating to try to get the dlc you own. It's frustrating because when you go in game it directs you to "My games & apps" which will ask you to manage your game. You press the select button and you can see the dlc available. That's when it becomes a problem because it then directs you to the store which of course doesn't have the dlc you are looking for. It's a loop of confusion. 

Im including some photos from my Xbox one. I hope someone can shed light on this. 

Message 1 of 6 (17,162 Views)

★★ Novice

The second photo is in the manage games area of the Xbox one. As you can see it only shows 3 things. Doesn't even show Kasumi, but you can see that I own it. The last photo is the Xbox one store. It doesn't show most of the dlc for ME:2 yet it is available in the actual game.

Im adding another photo of what it tells me to do in the game, when I'm trying to access one of the dlc's.

Message 2 of 6 (17,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having the same problem. i bought the Genesis DLC - it seems downloaded ane installed but when i go for new run it will not start :-( other dlc seems downloaded but as it was written above i cannot see or use them in game.

Message 3 of 6 (17,119 Views)

@MNjr01 @IndiiDenise

This seams like a Xbox store issue,  but you can contact EA directly to make sure. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 6 (17,107 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is a little late for this but if anyone else runs into this issue....if you uninstall everything including the game and dlc you have and then reinstall it, it will work again.

Message 5 of 6 (12,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Th3VaultVids wrote:

I know this is a little late for this but if anyone else runs into this issue....if you uninstall everything including the game and dlc you have and then reinstall it, it will work again.

This worked for me too, I guess. I did not check ingame, but in the "downloadable content" part of the main menu, there were a lot of things missing and not listed.

I uninstalled the game and all DLC and re-installed everything (keep my life good and make my dreams come true please...). The "downloadable content" part was still looking weird, but ingame, everything was fine.

Message 6 of 6 (2,904 Views)