Re: Mass Effect DLC from Xbox to PC?

by Captain_Estrata

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect DLC from Xbox to PC?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am very new to PC gaming so please bear with me here. I purchased all the DLC available for the ME games on Xbox when orginally released and just got the trilogy from Origin for PC today. Now I am wondering if I am supposed to buy all the DLC again? Looking at the pricing its still really expensive, and I have already sunk so much money into these games Im a little worried I wasted my money on the PC version as I wont spend another $100 for all dlc for 2 and 3 again.

Can anyone let me know if expecting my purchases (which are tracked by bioware on their account page so it says I own for xbox) to carry over was naivety?

Thanks, I know I probably wasted $$ on the pc trilogy now but just checking.

Message 1 of 3 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Unfortunately, DLC doesn't transfer.

This is likely because the platform where you buy the DLC determines how much each company gets paid and who pays for the bandwidth. If you buy DLC on Xbox, then EA doesn't get the full cut

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (645 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Unfortunately, DLC doesn't transfer.

This is likely because the platform where you buy the DLC determines how much each company gets paid and who pays for the bandwidth. If you buy DLC on Xbox, then EA doesn't get the full cut

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ah ok. Thanks for the reply, yes your explanation makes perfect sense.

cheers

Message 3 of 3 (578 Views)