Re: Mass Effect 2

by LeeMouseKey

Original Post

Mass Effect 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello. My Name is Liam. I am a customer of yours through steam. I recently purchased Mass Effect 2 from steam, specifically the deluxe addition which comes with 3 DLCs. These are the Deluxe Cerberus key, the Deluxe Game Key, and the Deluxe Promo key. When attempting to activate any of these however, I am put into a loop, directed to s site that no longer exists and then told that to buy the DLC from origin to access it. I already paid for them on steam (I have both the key codes and the game downloaded currently) and I was wondering if you could direct me on how to go about obtaining these DLC from you is such a manner that I do not have to pay twice for the same thing. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter. I liked Mass Effect 1, and will probably go on to purchase # 3 directly from you if all goes well. 

Message 1 of 3 (464 Views)

Hero

@LeeMouseKey wrote:

directed to s site that no longer exists

There's a page with legacy DLC installers. You can download the executables at https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect

Normally, if the DLC is registered to your EA account, the DLC will work fine. However, since this system is a bit convoluted, it may not work. In that case, I think the easiest thing to do is to just register the game on Origin. Find your product key in Steam and add it to Origin by using the application. More info on key registration here.

This page has info on how to find product keys in Steam. It doesn't work for all games, though. If you encounter problems, I think you should contact EA support and have them sort it out.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated

Message 3 of 3 (414 Views)