Mass Effect 2 wont even start, "failed to initialize the physics system"

by DetectiveLawyer

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 wont even start, "failed to initialize the physics system"

★★ Novice

I recently got a new laptop because the previous one was stolen (dangit), I had an Asus X750JB and I played both ME2 and ME3 fine with no problems whatsoever. The new laptop is literally the same model but newer I suppose

I have no doubt the specs are fine, I think the problem is that ASUS decided to change the graphics card, 

I now have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 as opposed to nVIDIA Geforce GT 740M on the "old version" of the same model. 

Help, Mass Effect is literally one of my favorite games ever, I'm bummed enough that I've lost all my saves but to not be able to play at all?!

I am also running ME2 off steam? I don't know if that makes a difference. 

What can/do I do?

Message 1 of 4 (346 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 wont even start, "failed to initialize the physics system

Community Manager

The Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 does not meet the following System Requirements:

• Processor : 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo [equivalent AMD CPU]
• Memory : 1 GB RAM for XP / 2 GB RAM for Vista/Win 7
• Hard Drive : 15 GB
• DVD-ROM : 1x SPEED
• Video Card : 256MB* [with Pixel Shader 3.0 support]
• Sound Card : DirectX 9.0c compatible
• DirectX : DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
• Input : Keyboard, Mouse

*Supported Chipsets : NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (344 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're getting at besides that my graphics card doesn't meet the requirements which I already know is the issue. 

But I'm asking if there's anything I can do to fix it becides get a new/different laptop? That's kind of a last resort....

Programs? Patches? Mods?

Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

Community Manager

With a hardware incompatibility such as this changing your hardware is the only remedy unfortunately.

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (332 Views)