Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Mass Effect 2 won't start

by scarruba2

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Same problem, tried almost everything nothing seems to working, any idea?

Message 121 of 123 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ddsoad

Go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries" folder and make a copy if the "MassEffect2.exe". 

Then rename the "ME2game.exe" to "OLD_ME2game.exe".

Now rename the "MassEffect2.exe" to "ME2game.exe" (without the quotes) and try to start the game from the new created "ME2game.exe"

If that don't works, delete the "Mass Effect 2" folder in your "Documents\BioWare"  folder. (The "Mass Effect 2" folder under "Documents", not the game folder!)

Then delete the "ME2game.exe", the "OLD_ME2game.exe" and the copy of the "MassEffect2.exe" from your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries" folder.

Now delete the "Data" folder under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2"

Start Origin, go to your Games library and start the Download of ME2 again. (Don't worry, it will download a few files only.) > test. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 122 of 123 (710 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@alexmf138 Here it is October of 2019, and I am playing through the Mass Effect games. I encountered the issue where running the ME2 config disabled ME2's ability to launch. I followed your post, and it worked like a charm. Thank you.
Message 123 of 123 (112 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help