by AnnMegFair

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 2 won't start

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me too. Thank you!

Message 81 of 128 (2,549 Views)

Re: mass effect 2 wont start

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem... did you happen to know a solution by now? - desperate....

Message 82 of 128 (2,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

try to delete MassEffect2Config from Mass Effect 2\Binaries ,it worked for me and game isnt even freezing anymore.

Message 83 of 128 (2,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just started having this issue. i quit the game, made dinner, came back to my desk and start it up again...and it won't start. i mean, seriously? what could have possibly happened in 40 minutes on an idle computer to cause this? i just don't understand.

Message 84 of 128 (2,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

F#K you EA. This problem has gone on for three years, and my freshly-bought ME2 game is having the same problem. THREE YEARS? Are you f#king serious? I could learn how to code C++ in three years and fix the game myself if I had access to the source code!

You guys have no excuse for this, this is just straight-up negligence of your paying customers' ability to use your product. You should be f#ing sued for this bullsh#t! This is the last EA game I buy, and I'm going to go to as much trouble as I can be bothered to in order to deter other customers from your sh#ty products.

You guys wonder why people pirate your games? This is the main reason. Make them as affordable as you like, but if they don't f#ing work, people won't f#ing buy them.

Yours sincerely,

F#k you

Message 85 of 128 (2,216 Views)

★ Novice

Could you please say a little more about what you had to do, those two points doesn't give enough info, I really wanna play this game again, played it a few times till now that it does not want to open up anymore

Message 86 of 128 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

I gotta fully agree. It's March in 2015, this problem has been going for years, I tried all the suggested solution multiple times and still can't get it running through origin on neither of my 2 computers. It's very sad that EA isn't even trying to fix it, especially because Mass Effect 2 is/was one of my favorite games ever.

Message 87 of 128 (1,867 Views)

★ Novice

*angry venting ahead*

It seems if anything, everytime a solution is found here, EA 'fix' it so that the solution doesn't work anymore. None of the suggestions here work for me. Not a one. And support is perpetually useless. I am just about ready to set my computer on fire I am so angry. Seriously contemplating throwing money out the window and buying ME2 AGAIN on Steam where at least stuff actually works.

*angry venting over*

Message 88 of 128 (1,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me, thanks Confusedmileyhappy:

I had already been messing about with manually copying the save files over so after downloading those 2 exe's over and hitting play it went straight in and I could use my old saves.  Then I found that the old saves only cover a few questions like saving the Council so I'm not sure it really matters, I reconfigured Shepard as well.

Message 89 of 128 (1,786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Where are these files located? I can't find them.

@pontiac51 wrote:

Ok, i now could resolve my issue. First i tried to edit the Coalesced.ini with Notepad++. Sadly, there is some kind of checksum, so that didn't work. And i guess this is why the config editor doesn't work for all of you. It just messes up this checksum. However, there is a checksum fix called ME2IniFixer.

So i did the following things:

1. Edited the Coalesced.ini with Notepad++

2. Let ME2IniFixer fix the Coalesced.ini

Now the game runs again. I will now try to import the ME1 save files and keep you updated. It could be the ME2IniFixer might also be able to fix that.

Message 90 of 128 (1,743 Views)