Re: Mass Effect 2 won't start

by aused1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

ow man GOD BLESS YOU MAN your the man man!!!!...... GOD BLESS UR COUNTRY TOO MAN ... this really means a lot to me tnx man.... thank you so much..... my mass effect 2 run's properly now woah that was close tnx man now i will play again tnx Standard smile

Message 61 of 128 (5,442 Views)

★ Novice

This Worked for me

Message 62 of 128 (5,384 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all,

I've had this issue and I thought I'd post what resolved it incase it helps anyone!  I tried deleting the config utility and repairing which a lot of other posts suggested (didn't work), tried messing with Coalesced.ini (didn't work), deleting the data dircectory (didn't work) and other stuff I can't even remember. The fix that did work for me is here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-ME2-doesn-t-start-with-Origin-after-insta...

Specifically

"In binaries directory:
Rename MassEffect2.exe as MassEffect2Launcher.exe
Rename ME2Game.exe as MassEffect2.exe"

If I was to recommend anything to anyone, it would be to avoid the config utility (since this seems to be the culprit that cocked everything up for me).

Message 63 of 128 (5,365 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow thanks for that, it works now. What a simple solution that EA is too lazy to implement.

Message 64 of 128 (5,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

+1

Message 65 of 128 (5,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having issues starting my ME2 game with or without Origin (I run an HP Elitebook 8540w CAD Workstation with an i7 QUADCore, Nvidia QUADRO w/ CUDA) and,  I'm not tech savvy, but I just said "F" it and deleted my C:\Users\Owner\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2 file and launched the game letting cloud sync it... seems to have worked... >>>>>>>>> But, I promise nothing!<<<<<<<<<<<<

Message 66 of 128 (5,147 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I can't find "Coalesced"

Message 67 of 128 (5,109 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Everybody,

Before doing anything drastic, try reimporting saves through the config, then going offline in origin and launching ME2.  You can then exit, re online in origin, and everything works fine.  Worked the first time for me.

Message 68 of 128 (5,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bah nevermind. Seems someone found the problem and posted the fix. I missed it had been already posted.

Message 69 of 128 (5,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@aptntuk wrote:

Hi all,

I've had this issue and I thought I'd post what resolved it incase it helps anyone!  I tried deleting the config utility and repairing which a lot of other posts suggested (didn't work), tried messing with Coalesced.ini (didn't work), deleting the data dircectory (didn't work) and other stuff I can't even remember. The fix that did work for me is here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-ME2-doesn-t-start-with-Origin-after-insta...

Specifically

"In binaries directory:
Rename MassEffect2.exe as MassEffect2Launcher.exe
Rename ME2Game.exe as MassEffect2.exe"

If I was to recommend anything to anyone, it would be to avoid the config utility (since this seems to be the culprit that cocked everything up for me).

Dude... thank you so much. I logged in just to reply to your post. I looked all over the dam internet and this is the only thing that fixed it for me. Awesomeness.

Message 70 of 128 (4,406 Views)