Mass Effect 2 won't launch on EA Desktop

by Akiiix3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 won't launch on EA Desktop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm trying to launch Mass Effect 2 after completing the first one but the game won't launch. It just loads and then nothing happens. I use EA desktop because I have the game through Xbox game pass so Origin is not an option. I tried the following:

- re-installing game

- re-installing launcher

- re-installing game through Xbox app

- clearing EA Desktop cache

- renaming MassEffect2.exe as MassEffect2Launcher.exe & ME2Game.exe as MassEffect2.exe

- delete config file

- disabled EA Desktop in-game overlay

- updated drivers

- launching both EA Desktop and the game as administrator

- launching the game through .exe files

- changed install location

- disabled antivirus/firewall

- deleted ActivationUI.exe

The game doesn't start at all. It looks like the game will launch, the loading bar from EA Desktop appears then nothing happens. No error.

Message 1 of 2 (1,606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2 won't launch on EA Desktop

★★★ Novice

Ok, I think I got it working. The solution here let me launch the game:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Freshly-installed-Mass-Effect-2-won-t-launch/m-p/8140075#...

"If that still don't helps:

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Copy the "ActivationUI.exe" from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect\Binaries\Core\" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\Core"

My patch was C\Program files\ EA games\ Mass effect 2\ Binaries\ Core - so follow the path you have. I will also mention that I still performed every step I mentioned in the post, so I don't know if it will work in case you just do this step. It's worth a shot tho.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,586 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass Effect 2 won't launch on EA Desktop

★★★ Novice

Ok, I think I got it working. The solution here let me launch the game:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Freshly-installed-Mass-Effect-2-won-t-launch/m-p/8140075#...

"If that still don't helps:

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Copy the "ActivationUI.exe" from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect\Binaries\Core\" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\Core"

My patch was C\Program files\ EA games\ Mass effect 2\ Binaries\ Core - so follow the path you have. I will also mention that I still performed every step I mentioned in the post, so I don't know if it will work in case you just do this step. It's worth a shot tho.

Message 2 of 2 (1,587 Views)