Re: Mass Effect 2 save import help

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 save import help

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to do the manual import steps, the game does not see them, and it has worked on my computer before. Can someone tell me just what exactly is wrong? Everytime I try a Char import, Mass Effect 2 still says that no saves are there even though I do all of the manual import steps.

Message 1 of 5 (856 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

@kenzer100; For others who may have the same difficulty, I presume you did this:

==============================

You need to copy your ME1 save file to the location ME2 expects to find it.

Your ME1 saves are found here:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save

And ME2 wants to find something here:

C:\Users\[username]l\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save\ME1

Note: That's a sub-folder named "ME1" under the ME2 saves location.  If that folder doesn't exist, just create it before you copy your ME1 save there.  Angel

EDIT1: If you want, you can copy ALL of your ME1 saves there, but you only need the one you're going to import as the starting point for ME2.

EDIT2: Be aware that your ME2 Shepard will probably not look very much like your ME1 Shepard.  There are (complicated) ways to get closer, but they're a lot of work and still only approximate your original face.  Google is your friend. Wink

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (758 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello?

Message 2 of 5 (832 Views)

@kenzer100 

Your save games are located under "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Saves"?

Did you tried to import with the "MassEffect2Config.exe"? (>drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 5 (811 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive already fixed it actually, after a very long fight with just what it was asking for.

Message 4 of 5 (805 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

@kenzer100; For others who may have the same difficulty, I presume you did this:

You need to copy your ME1 save file to the location ME2 expects to find it.

Your ME1 saves are found here:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save

And ME2 wants to find something here:

C:\Users\[username]l\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save\ME1

Note: That's a sub-folder named "ME1" under the ME2 saves location.  If that folder doesn't exist, just create it before you copy your ME1 save there.  Angel

EDIT1: If you want, you can copy ALL of your ME1 saves there, but you only need the one you're going to import as the starting point for ME2.

EDIT2: Be aware that your ME2 Shepard will probably not look very much like your ME1 Shepard.  There are (complicated) ways to get closer, but they're a lot of work and still only approximate your original face.  Google is your friend. Wink

Message 5 of 5 (759 Views)