Mass Effect 2 "unable to authorize the listed DLC" [STEAM]

by Znedar12

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 "unable to authorize the listed DLC" [STEAM]

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone. I don't post problems like this often if at all but its utterly ruined my game experience so far.

Yesterday I was excited to start ME2 after importing my first character. Soon after I realize many of the original textures to this amazing game looks like a potato. Naturally I found myself at the doorstep of "ALOT of Textures"...

The stupidity on my part was installing the mods before double checking the DLCs were installed-NOTE: It was late at night so I even neglected the "ALOT of Textures" launcher's warning that I didn't have any DLCs loaded onto my game-

So when I went through EAs rigamarole to get the DLCs through steam. I loaded my game back up and I started Stolen Memories and all of a sudden I noticed all the textures were broken up. Face textures were showing polygons, large black textures, and.... the awful discoloration on Mr. Hock's forehead was the deal breaker.

So naturally I decided to back up my game to a time before the DLC's. I loaded my game back up wondering if i could get a save where I had neither the DLCs or mods so I could install them correctly. I had no such luck however as all my saves became corrupted because I was in a DLC area and I typically have one main save and the quick save.

Furthermore I reinstalled the game with a fresh copy planning to get to the room before you speak to the illusive man for the first time to check the armor station for DLC armors-NOTE: I have the Cerberus armor set and that's it-to make sure I have all of the DLCs (at a face value) downloaded. And then put in the textures mods. Behold the root of my problem.

NOTE: The original game(<---- Vanilla) I infer. Worked beautifully, the game ran fine in main menu. No hold ups. But no DLCs.

So after installing the DLCs I got from here ---> https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/

Knowing that my EA account is activated, and knowing I used all three codes steam provided with their bundle.

Every time I connect to the main menu I get an aggravating response from Cerberus Network.

"Unable to authorize the listed DLC
Please log into Cerberus Network with the account used to purchase the DLC

Kestrel Armor and Incisor Rife
Alternative Appearance Pack 1
Alternative Appearance Pack 2 (Miranda, Grunt, Tali)
Mass Effect: Genesis
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Arrival
Kasumi
..."

What has happened to my game? Please help. It feels like with every step I take to fix this Im running my pinky toe into... not a wall... more like a meat grinder.

The point is its quite annoying and I wish for my game to work.

Message 1 of 2 (7,377 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 "unable to authorize the listed DLC" [STEAM]

[ Edited ]

@Znedar12

From the DLCs on the side you linked are only the "Cerberus Network DLCs free to use.

The DLCs under "DLC" (Genesis, Arrival, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi – Stolen Memory, Firepower Pack, Aegis Pack, Equalizer Pack, Alternate Appearance Pack 1 (Garrus, Thane, Jack) and Alternate Appearance Pack 2 (Tali, Grunt, Miranda) are not free and must be bought separately.

You can find them here.

However, AFAIK there is no way in the moment to make this DLC bundle work on a Steam game.

That means you need to redeem the Steam CD Keys in Origin (for free) and install the game with Origin.

Edit: Your save games will work in the Origin version of the game as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (7,316 Views)