Mass Effect 2 problem with running on laptop NVIDIA Card

by ChycoDyabo

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 problem with running on laptop NVIDIA Card

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

MODEL: Asus LX450

I'm suffering from stutter on Mass Effect 2 when I, frankly, shouldn't. Mass Effect 2 Configuration Utility only shows as an option of display adapters to run the game the Intel integrated graphics card of my laptop, even though the computer is equipped with a GTX720M.

I've already tried to set on the nvidia control panel the nvidia gpu as the default one when running the game (it was always selected as the default card to run me2). It didn't work. I test ran the game by selecting both the integrated gpu and the nvidia gpu as the default one to run the game. The results in framerate were the same.

I need help. Is there any way to make Mass Effect 2 Configuration Utility recognize my NVIDIA GPU and make it possible to select it as the adapter to run Mass Effect 2?

Message 1 of 4 (845 Views)

Betreff: Mass Effect 2 problem with running on laptop NVIDIA Card

Hi @ChycoDyabo 

There is really no need for all caps here, we are perfectly able to read smaller stuff as well. Wink 

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (824 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm sorry for the all caps.

Here is the DxDiag file:

Message 3 of 4 (757 Views)

@ChycoDyabo 

You Laptop uses the NVIDIA Optimus technology.

That means both GPUs are always involved in the rendering process, and the drivers need to work together. 

This is why it is a good idea to use only the from the manufacturer provided drivers at such laptops.
Unfortunately Asus don't provides graphic drives for Windows 10 for your Laptop,

Try this:

Download this driver for your GPU from NVIDIA.

Download the latest driver for your Intel APU. (Gpu)

Download DDU:

Install the graphic driver this way:

• run DDU > save mode >  NVIDIA Software and Drivers > Clean and Restart.

• run DDU > save mode >  Intel Software and Drivers > Clean and Restart.

• shut down any not necessary programs in the background including the real time scanner of your anti-virus software.
• shut down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.

• Run the installation EXE of the Intel driver. > Reboot.

• Run the installation EXE if the NVIDIA driver > install only the GPU Driver and the PHYSX software.

• Reboot > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (747 Views)