July - last edited July by Holger1405
MODEL: Asus LX450
I'm suffering from stutter on Mass Effect 2 when I, frankly, shouldn't. Mass Effect 2 Configuration Utility only shows as an option of display adapters to run the game the Intel integrated graphics card of my laptop, even though the computer is equipped with a GTX720M.
I've already tried to set on the nvidia control panel the nvidia gpu as the default one when running the game (it was always selected as the default card to run me2). It didn't work. I test ran the game by selecting both the integrated gpu and the nvidia gpu as the default one to run the game. The results in framerate were the same.
I need help. Is there any way to make Mass Effect 2 Configuration Utility recognize my NVIDIA GPU and make it possible to select it as the adapter to run Mass Effect 2?
There is really no need for all caps here, we are perfectly able to read smaller stuff as well.
Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.
a month ago
You Laptop uses the NVIDIA Optimus technology.
That means both GPUs are always involved in the rendering process, and the drivers need to work together.
This is why it is a good idea to use only the from the manufacturer provided drivers at such laptops.
Unfortunately Asus don't provides graphic drives for Windows 10 for your Laptop,
Download the latest driver for your Intel APU. (Gpu)
Install the graphic driver this way:
• run DDU > save mode > NVIDIA Software and Drivers > Clean and Restart.
• run DDU > save mode > Intel Software and Drivers > Clean and Restart.
• shut down any not necessary programs in the background including the real time scanner of your anti-virus software.
• shut down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.
• Run the installation EXE of the Intel driver. > Reboot.
• Run the installation EXE if the NVIDIA driver > install only the GPU Driver and the PHYSX software.
• Reboot > Test.