Re: Mass Effect 2 on PC

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 on PC

★ Novice

So... I hope this is the correct place to post this. I bought Mass Effect 2 PC on disc and installed on my Windows 10 PC. The launcher was crazy hard to find. Is there any way to ensure this game will run properly on Windows 10? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4 (386 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

The game is fully compatible with Windows 10. Are you experiencing a specific issue?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (372 Views)

★ Novice
Well the launcher was really hard to find, and impossible to pin to Start. So I went to the internet and read something about other people having problems. Just wanted to be sure before I started the game.
Message 3 of 4 (368 Views)

Hero

It's been a while since I installed the game from a disc (I now use the Origin version), but back when I was on Vista, the icon went straight to the desktop.

I now use the Origin version and from the looks of it, it doesn't even have a launcher. However, the important executables can always be found in the installation folder under 'binaries'. The two that launch the game are 'ME2Game' and 'MassEffect2'. I don't know why there are two, but sometimes one of them will give you an error, so you can just copy one to the desktop that works.

The second useful executable is 'MassEffect2Config', which you need for importing ME1 saves. If you know the location of these three, you don't really need a launcher.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (363 Views)