Mass Effect 2 crashing at a certain point.

by TheVirus950

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 crashing at a certain point.

★★★ Newbie

Greetings!

I have Mass Effect 2 on DVD and played it. Its a very good game. But theres a problem.

My game crashes right after completing Thane's loyalty mission. After clicking exit at the Cerberus report the loading screen pop ups. After its been loading for a few seconds it crashes to my dekstop saying "Mass Effect 2 has stopped working". 

Ive searched for a solution. I noticed that there was no specific topic about a crash in Thane's loyalty mission. Reinstalled the game but it didnt work. I put on compatibility to XP and Run as Administrator but those didnt work aswell. Adding the parameter -nomovieclips did keep the game running but only with a black screen with the sound playing around me. Video drivers are updated also. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (252 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 crashing at a certain point.

Community Manager

Can you try restarting with a Clean Boot and try again?

If the crash re-occurs, can you right-click the game in Origin and run the repair function (right click the panel to get the option). I know you reinstalled already, but this is in case there was an interfering 3rd-party program during the reinstall.

If this has no effect, I'd start checking for a corrupt save. If you have any earlier saves, can you try loading them and checking if the issue reoccurs?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)