Re: Mass Effect 2 crash

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi!

I bought the ME trilogy on Origin a few weeks ago. I started a new game on ME2 a few days ago and didn't have any issues playing for about 10 hours. My roccat keyboard controls were messed up so I had to force quit the game since I couldn't move around properly anymore. But now when I try to launch it I get the "Mass Effect 2 has stopped working" window. I've tried updating, repairing, and uninstalling the game but nothing works.

EDIT: this is my second playthrough of the game and I didn't have any issues the first time

Here's the problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MassEffect2.exe
Application Version: 1.2.1604.0
Application Timestamp: 50906ae5
Fault Module Name: MassEffect2.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.2.1604.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50906ae5
Exception Code: c00001a5
Exception Offset: 00013f39
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 69ea
Additional Information 2: 69ea16d52c545cec06d58fbd8288d88f
Additional Information 3: b2ee
Additional Information 4: b2ee4d2cc64edefef7045364eedb837d

Message 1 of 2 (409 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 crash

Go into the users section of your system and find the ME2 saves folder, and rename it to saves backup or something similar.  This will remove all saves and settings from ME2 startup and allow you to see if the issue is a corrupted save(very likely) or a corrupted option file.  If the game starts then you move your saves back slowly a few at a time until the game doesn't work or all the saves are back.  Most likely the last few saves for your latest game got corrupted and will not let the game start......most likely.  If this doesn't work, recheck your ME2 exe for compatibility mode and administrator running.  If neither of these things works, then please post a full Dxdiag file here so we can get a better idea of what is going on in your system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)