Mass Effect 2 - choose a power bonus at the start of the game

by serMortadella

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 - choose a power bonus at the start of the game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello to everyone!

I'm new and I have a question about Mass Effect 2.

Sorry for my english but I'm italian and I don't speak english.

Yesterday I started Mass Effect 2, importing Mass Effect 1 saves.

Then, I watched a video on Youtube where another player, at the start of the game (when you can to choose face character and class character), was able to choose a bonus power.

I did not have this chance.

can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

p.s. I attach the screen of the youtube video

Message 1 of 4 (4,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2 - choose a power bonus at the start of the game

Hero

You can only choose a bonus power after you completed the game at least once.

In the game you can do special missions for other characters. When you complete them, these characters get a new power that you can also choose for Shepard when you start a new game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (5,519 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You can only choose a bonus power after you completed the game at least once.

In the game you can do special missions for other characters. When you complete them, these characters get a new power that you can also choose for Shepard when you start a new game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (5,520 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That is, you can only choose a bonus power after you completed the game.

Message 3 of 4 (4,706 Views)

It has been a really LONG time since I have dealt with this, but I thought you didn't have to complete the game, but only complete the companions loyalty mission successfully and have gotten their bonus power unlocked.  Each of the bonus powers available to be chosen are ones given to your different teammates, so they have to be unlocked once before you can choose them.  I could be wrong of course, but that is what I remember happening, complete the loyalty mission, start a new character and that power is now available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4 (4,671 Views)