Re: Mass Effect 2, can't register to Bioware social because I bought trilogy edi

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2, can't register to Bioware social because I bought trilogy edition.

★★ Novice

Hi, I have a problem on the Bioware Social Forums. I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy edition a long while ago and registered Mass Effect 3 to the forums with no problems. However there is only one code in the game box and when I try to use that code to register Mass Effect 2 it tells me that the code is not valid for the game. Could you please correct this or advise me how to. The games are for PC.

I tried contacting live support but after getting through I posted my question and got no response for about 15 minutes so gave up.

Message 1 of 10 (3,788 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2, can't register to Bioware social because I bought trilogy edition.

★★ Novice

Ok I got through to a live chat person today and this is what was said.

Mark: Okay, as I have checked, the code is actually valid and already registered to your account. I apologize for that inconvenience and this error that you are getting is a known issue in Bioware Social Network. Our Developers are already aware of this issue and planning to upgrade the Network to fix the errors. Regarding Mass Effect 2, no need to register it there, it will automatically update your game data for the Trilogy of Mass effect.
Mark: Let me forward this issue to our Developers to have it reported and investigated. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you got for the Bioware Social Network ####.
you: Ok thanks, I know it's not a major issue but it's just a bit inconvient, so thanks again for the help
Mark: I understand your point ####, dont worry, this issue will be reported properly. I am sorry again for the inconvenience. Is there anything else that I can help you today?

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,689 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass Effect 2, can't register to Bioware social because I bought trilogy edition.

★★ Novice

Ok I got through to a live chat person today and this is what was said.

Mark: Okay, as I have checked, the code is actually valid and already registered to your account. I apologize for that inconvenience and this error that you are getting is a known issue in Bioware Social Network. Our Developers are already aware of this issue and planning to upgrade the Network to fix the errors. Regarding Mass Effect 2, no need to register it there, it will automatically update your game data for the Trilogy of Mass effect.
Mark: Let me forward this issue to our Developers to have it reported and investigated. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you got for the Bioware Social Network ####.
you: Ok thanks, I know it's not a major issue but it's just a bit inconvient, so thanks again for the help
Mark: I understand your point ####, dont worry, this issue will be reported properly. I am sorry again for the inconvenience. Is there anything else that I can help you today?

Message 2 of 10 (4,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone know if this applies to the PC Downloadable trilogy version as well? In the email receipt each game had a different code but the ME2 code is not valid while the ME3 just registers without me entering the code.

Message 3 of 10 (3,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem - ME3 seems to have registered itself. When he says 'Regarding Mass Effect 2, no need to register it there, it will automatically update your game data for the Trilogy of Mass effect.' does that mean that all of the DLC previously obtainable through registration is included in the download?

Seriously, between this and the DAO:A debacle, I will never buy anything via Origin again!

Message 4 of 10 (3,334 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2, can't register to Bioware social because I bought trilogy edi

★★★ Newbie

2 years later not fixed

Message 5 of 10 (2,959 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Need a fix on this !!!

Message 6 of 10 (2,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is so plain bad! First there was ME1 (Triology, CD-Version, PC) everything worked fine. until some textures werent loading correctly and I had to play with black boxes for 1 Stage (that repeated again later).
I finished and wanted to set up ME2 and check the DLC-stuff. At Origin it said that all the included stuff was added, no problems.
Started the game: BioWare-Account?! DLCs allready in use and the list goes on...
The support answer is lost I guess... While I am raging about support, I rememberd what the LoL-Support answerd to a problem with RAM-Usage after telling me thats caused by my Internet: "Keep calm young padawan"

I hope that there is a fix soon. I am normally not that upset about bugs, but ONE AFTER THE OTHER is just a No-Go......

Signed, a very upset PC-Gamer

Message 7 of 10 (2,874 Views)

★ Novice

Is there still no fix for this?

This is exactly the problem I have to deal with at the moment.
Please, Bioware, don't let us Mass Effect 2 players down and fix this issue! 

Message 8 of 10 (2,570 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat, and it hasn't changed in three years...

Message 9 of 10 (1,419 Views)

@fooloo0

Bioware social forums are now defunct, all DLC are through Origin now.  Basically you should just see dlc content through Origin page and it will allow dl.

On PC open origin, go to your library, click once on ME2, look for the extra content tab, click it and see a list of Add-ons which should be all your dlc.

If you have some other issue then I would suggest you post more than me too and not necro a thread from 2+ years ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 10 (1,411 Views)