Mass Effect 2 Title crash

by DrWeiley

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 Title crash

★★★ Newbie

Ok,  so i bought the Mass Effect trilogy,  I played through one, and went on to 2.  I got about 4 hours through, but the next time i turned it on it wouldn't work.  It would get to the "Press any key to start"  screen,  i pressed any key,  and it faded to black, right before it crashed.  May i also mention that a couple of folders are missing from my files.  What should i do?

Message 1 of 4 (502 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 Title crash

1)  Rename your save folder to backup saves.

2)  Repair the game install through Origin.

3)  Triple check that your Origin client and ME2 .exe files are set to run as administrator.

4)  Make sure cloud saves is OFF before you start the game again.

5)  If the game runs fine, then you can slowly move the saves back from the backup named folder to the new ME2 saves folder making sure the game starts....if the game doesn't start after moving some saves then you have corrupted save file and from one to all could have to be gotten rid of depending on how bad the corruption is.  I personally think corrupted save files is an issue with cloud saves but I have no proof.

6)  If these don't work, post back and we can try some more....and a DxDiag may help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am not able to find either .exe file. Should i try uninstalling and re installing?
Message 3 of 4 (303 Views)

@DrWeiley

If you don't know were they are you diden't set them to run as Administrator. So that should be fine.

Did you repaired the game?  (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME2 > Repair)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)