Mass Effect 2 Should this be changed/reworked?

by GrimReaperTaken

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 2 Should this be changed/reworked?

★★★★ Expert
@GrimReaperTaken

Lol. If the developers implement a mod directly into the game, I don't think it's considered a "mod" any longer. And I've never actually heard of them doing that anyway. In ANY game.

Plus, it's not like you have to keep messing with the files every time you load the game. Once you install the mods, that's it. Done. The only time you have to update the mods is if the game gets updated, and games like Mass Effect, Skyrim, Fallout, Dragon Age and such, are no longer being patched so there is no need to change/update the mods.

The mods I have in Mass Effect, I haven't even looked at them in years. I actually don't even remember what mods I have installed, it's been so long. I know I have a Blonde Miranda mod... for obvious reasons... Standard smile

Actually, the mod manager for Mass Effect is so good, it will actually create a backup of your existing game before modding. So, if something messes up, you can restore it and start over.

The most difficult game to mod that I've seen is Dragon Age Inquisition. I won't even get into how that one works. It's a pain in the rear. Most games are plug-and-play. Copy the mods into a folder and its done. Most even have mod manager programs that do all the work for you. Nexus' Vortex mod manager will auto-mod hundreds of games automatically. (Just not Mass Effect or Dragon Age)

You do have to have a little bit of knowledge as to how computers work and set up the mod manager, game file locations and such. But most of the time it's not all that difficult.

Just don't get into changing default Mass Effect clothing, skin, and armor textures. That's not for the faint-of-heart.
Message 11 of 11 (244 Views)