Re: Mass Effect 2 PC can't examine/interact with objects

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 PC can't examine/interact with objects

★★★ Newbie
I can't find a fix for this anywhere. I can't even find many other people that have the problem. The game runs fine on my laptop and everything, but a few minutes after finding Wilson in the opening mission, I can't target any of the red boxes that shows an object that can be interacted with. I know that I can pause and leave the menu and quickly use the object, but that gets annoying after awhile. With Andromeda coming out, I really wanted to play one the previous games to pass the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5 (1,393 Views)

@Braythir2010

What are your PC specs?

This problem usually appears when the frame-rate is to low. (beneath 20 FPS.) 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (1,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I also recommend you post your hardware specs.

The best way to post specs is in the form of a dxdiag report: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

With all do expect, even though this post is from one year ago it has nothing to do with specs or framerate.
Previously, I encountered on my old gaming laptop. The Graphics card was a GTX 765m and the CPU was i7-Quad core (Forgot the model number). Was able to play 1080 in 60fps.
I have also encountered even with today PC specs. I now run a GTX 1050Ti with a i7-8700K (6 Core). I am able to play the game in 4k with 50-60 fps.

Message 4 of 5 (1,120 Views)
Highlighted

@OrignTK

While it may or may NOT be related to FPS, in your case, it often is related to how well the system is running the game.  As a side note, asking for DxDiag gives both hardware and drivers as well as some crash data which often helps figuring out what is going on in a system.

So are you having this issue?? How often?? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 5 (1,113 Views)