Re: Mass Effect 2: Old save files not found, DLC appears to be missing

by DaRkNeSzz1189

Original Post

Mass Effect 2: Old save files not found, DLC appears to be missing

★★ Novice

I have recently moved my install of Mass Effect 2 to a new Hard drive. Now I did this by uninstalling my games and origin and re-downloading. During install all my previous DLC had seemingly been installed, and my saves moved to the appropriate location in the folder structure, but when I sign in to ME2 I am greeted with a new game/fresh game screen instead of my screen with loading and new game plus available.

Does anyone know of any error that could have caused this other than user error?

I am currently using origin to repair it and re copying my saves to the save location. If this fixes the problem I'll make an update.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (727 Views)

@Mazder_Verhal

So you "Save" folder is under "Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect 2"?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (714 Views)

I seem to remember having a similar issue on either my son's computer or mine.  IIRC for me, the fix was to put all the saves in the correct location, then start a new game, make a save and then click load a save, and change character...this seemed to allow the game to then find all my other saves without having to do the dance again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

keep a copy of you save files including the profile folder as you can see there is a serial number to it in the folder name so I think it is a very important to identify the save from your folder and if you are having, save loading problem all you have to do is start a new like start a new game and finish creating your new profile and keep a copy of that and in another folder and copy-paste one of your  old save to the new profile in it you can continue you previous save 

Message 4 of 4 (503 Views)