Re: Mass Effect 2 Mouse Movement Destoys FPS, Help?

by Rettznom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 Mouse Movement Destoys FPS, Help?

★★★★ Novice
Origin In-Game is currently off. While in the game it stays at a solid 60fps, but as soon as I move the mouse to look around the frame rate is just demolished (Bounces around 20,30,40, back to 20). The game is unplayable. I don't understand how the fps can be tied to the mouse movements so horribly. Please someone give me some ideas on how to fix this?

Specs:
  • Intel i7-7700HQ @3.4GHz
  • GTX 1060 3GB
  • 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 Home
  • All drivers up to date...
Things I've Tried:
  • bMouseSmoothing=False
  • bMouseDampening=False
  • V-sync Off
  • Smooth Frame Rate Off
  • Turned Down Graphics
  • Fresh Install

Video Example:

Message 1 of 2 (722 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I'll go ahead and answer my own question in case anyone else stumbles across this. Turns out if you are using a gaming mouse it is probably using a high polling rate (like 1000hz). All you have to do to solve this problem is lower your mouse polling rate to something like 125, and the problem magically disappears. Hope this keeps someone else from the headache I endured. That is why some of the solutions you see will tell you to plug in an older mouse. It is because older mice used lower polling rates. Seems that some programs on some systems absolutely hate when the mouse starts to take up CPU cycles, especially on Win10 - And a high polling rate can cause exactly this, among other things.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (712 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I'll go ahead and answer my own question in case anyone else stumbles across this. Turns out if you are using a gaming mouse it is probably using a high polling rate (like 1000hz). All you have to do to solve this problem is lower your mouse polling rate to something like 125, and the problem magically disappears. Hope this keeps someone else from the headache I endured. That is why some of the solutions you see will tell you to plug in an older mouse. It is because older mice used lower polling rates. Seems that some programs on some systems absolutely hate when the mouse starts to take up CPU cycles, especially on Win10 - And a high polling rate can cause exactly this, among other things.

Message 2 of 2 (713 Views)