Mass Effect 2 Import ME1 Character

by Clinsure

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 Import ME1 Character

★★★ Newbie

I bought now for Black Friday Mass Effect Trilogy for PC on Orgin. And now that I've played and finished ME1 and want to go over to ME2 and transfer my ME1 character. But my ME2 can not find the file with my ME1 character. Have checked out for help, but nothing seems to work. Want to see if you might have any other help / tips to make it work.

Message 1 of 4 (958 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2 Import ME1 Character

@Clinsure

If you want to import a ME1 character to ME2, go to your ME2 "Save" folder (under "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2" and create a folder with the name "ME1". (without the quotes) inside the ME2 "Save" folder

Then copy (not relocate) your ME1 save games into that folder. > Now ME2 should "see" your ME1 character.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,257 Views)

All Replies

@Clinsure

If you want to import a ME1 character to ME2, go to your ME2 "Save" folder (under "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2" and create a folder with the name "ME1". (without the quotes) inside the ME2 "Save" folder

Then copy (not relocate) your ME1 save games into that folder. > Now ME2 should "see" your ME1 character.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 4 (1,258 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That doesn't seem to be working when the games are through Origin Online.  Please advise.

Message 3 of 4 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PCFDPGrey

With "Origin Online" you mean "origin-access"?

It should work with all game version, no matter whether Origin, Steam or CD.

Do you have both "Save" folders under "Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect" respectively "Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect 2"?

Message 4 of 4 (707 Views)