Mass Effect 2 Fails to Start on Origin Platform.

by ACE122003

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 Fails to Start on Origin Platform.

★★★ Newbie

After installing the Mass Effect Trilogy I proceeded to launch and set all my graphics options to maximum. This is when I noticed that Mass Effect 2 would sync to cloud and then proceed to never launch. It does not show up in any Task Manager tabs that it is remotely running some how. I would try to uninstall and reinstall, however, due to my incompetent internet speed and reports on several other threads about this topic that it does not work, I am wary of that option. I have yet to beat ME1 on PC yet and, would like to have ME2  ready to go on completion. I have tried repairing files to which none are found to be in need of repair. I even tried the advice of a solution on another thread which suggests deleting the data files along with the Mass Effect 2 config folder found within the Binaries folder. This sadly failed to work as well. I feel like I am on my last leg here and considering I bought all story DLC for Origin ME2 I would like to avoid repurchasing it on Steam which I am unsure of if I would have to also repurchase the DLC for. Either way if there is any full proof solution it would be much appreciated if it could be brought to light here. Thank You.

System Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155

Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333

Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5" SSD & Seagate Constellation ES.2 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM (It's on the HDD)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Message 1 of 4 (27,712 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2 Fails to Start on Origin Platform.

★★★ Newbie

Solved my own problem thanks to this thread. This should also solve all the ME Trilogy dup threads with same issue. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-ME2-doesn-t-start-with-Origin-after-insta... its at the bottom of the page.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (30,683 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Solved my own problem thanks to this thread. This should also solve all the ME Trilogy dup threads with same issue. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-ME2-doesn-t-start-with-Origin-after-insta... its at the bottom of the page.

Message 2 of 4 (30,684 Views)

★ Novice
Ok I had this same very problem. My game plays perfectly fine now just follow my steps and this also work for the dlcs. I guess this problem is because some of us have a mod for controller support or imported our me1 character. When i press play on origin it just goes back to being on origin after launching for awhile. I did something soooooooo simple and it just happens to work but after i shut my pc down i have to start the simple snd easy process again so here are the steps.

1. Open Origin

2. go to the left where its says origin and u wil see some tabs to click like application settings and etc.

3. go offline

4. click play mass effect 2 (It will start and ask to login just hit cancel and exit the game since you have to be online in origin fo cerberis network and dlcs)

5. exit the game go back to origin and go back online .

6. click play mass effect 2 ( You will have to sign in EA and able too also)

This is how I was able to play mass effect 2 hope this helps if u have any questions feel free to ask .
Message 3 of 4 (10,524 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This solution worked. I'm glad it was this simple. Thank you for sharing this. You helped me a lot.

Message 4 of 4 (7,512 Views)