Mass Effect 2 - Failed to authenticate disk despite running perfectly yesterday

by thatbritishlass

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 - Failed to authenticate disk despite running perfectly yesterday

★★ Novice

So I've fired up my copy of Mass Effect 2 and have imported a save from ME1. I played it all day yesterday and there were no problems whatsoever, all DLC was installed and everything ran fine. Now this morning I've tried to load it up as usual but it says that it's "Failed to authenticate disk. Please insert the correct disk and try again." This is strange as it was working completely fine yesterday. I've tried running it from both Origin and its .exe but neither are working. I've restarted my PC, turned it off and on again, took the disk out etc, nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (1,019 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 - Failed to authenticate disk despite running perfectly yester

Community Manager

@thatbritishlass Can you try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if that has any effect?

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

We don't normally see disc issues nowadays, I'm not sure about Origin doing a disc check for ME2, but if it comes to it support should be able to update your ME2 to a digital version. 

Thanks

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,011 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 - Failed to authenticate disk despite running perfectly yester

★★ Novice

Hi David, thanks for the quick response!

Yes the clean boot worked, but I decided to purchase a digital copy of ME2 anyway, as it's easier and so this situation might not happen in the future.

Thank you so much for all your help!

Message 3 of 3 (1,005 Views)