Re: Mass Effect 2 Excessive Lag

by ReturnFromExile

Original Post

★★★ Novice

sorry for late reply been quite busy lately, yea I can't seem to find anything at all. looks like i'll just need to remove the graphics card and play with inbuilt whenever I want to play mass effect 2 >.< ya think a game build on NVIDIA would run on all NVIDIA cards lol xD

Message 11 of 15 (262 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@fredvdp wrote:

Nvidia has bad support for older games. Sometimes it's best to try an older driver instead of a recent one.

There are aftermarket sites, such as Omega, to get drivers that have the filters taken out that deny access to certain model cards.  

Also, there have been hundreds of reports about bad firmware for the Geforce 650 / 660 pair.  See about new BIOS updates for this one.  

Message 12 of 15 (256 Views)

★ Novice

I've updated bios to the lastest avalable version, but game still don't work. I use Gigabyte GV-N65TOC-1GI video card.

Message 13 of 15 (251 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, it's very strange. The game still don't work even with my old card GeForce GT9500. I try it with old driver (of 2010 year) and new driver.

Message 14 of 15 (234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For record. It's a problem of Gigabyte motherboards. The game works fine after BIOS update.

Message 15 of 15 (217 Views)