Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 2 DirectX installation error

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@holger1405

@holger1405 wrote:

@Zatyamatyi

Try running Origin as Administrator.

If that don't helps, go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\__Installer\directx\redist" folder and delete all the files with a ".cab" file extension

After that run the "DXSETUP.exe" (As Administrator) inside the same folder > restart the Computer > test.

If that also don't helps, download the DirectX end-user runtime from here > install (Run the installer as Administrator) > restart the Computer > test. 

Hey I was trying to do your solution but i have a question

The .cab files are they those files with different months like April, August, December, Februari, June, March, November, October?

Thanks for the solution anyway

Message 11 of 17 (1,202 Views)

@DarkJupiter28

Yes, they are.

If you go to the "View" tab in the Windows Explorer menu bar and check the "File name extensions" check-box you will see the *.cab extension.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 17 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The first game is amazing.
Message 13 of 17 (969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@holger1405Hey, I paid for Mass effect and cant run  it due to a direct x error, I don;t give a xxxx if the only way to fix it and run it is illegal or not. What's illegal is EA selling a game that has problem,s that keep people who buy it from running it and not fixing it. If there;s a fix i donl;t care of it's illegal or not so stop deleting it.

if EA was half as obsessed with fixing errors as it is in cramming as many microtransactions as possible into everything they do i wouldn't need an illega fix to run one of their games.

Message 14 of 17 (586 Views)

@darkjudgedeath 

The occurrence of this error is not due to a general problem with the game, but to problems on a specific system.

The error can be fixed easily without using possible hazardous files from somewhere on the internet. 

Furthermore, this board has rules, this rules are not there to nursemaid users but to protect them from possible harm. 

So, if you want assistance with this error, we are here to help.

But if you want to try unauthorized files to solve the problem, you do it on your own risk and this is the wrong board for you.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 15 of 17 (572 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've tried removing directx using the above methods...i've also uninstalled directx entirely (as you can) and re-installing the current version of dx12...as well as installing a previous version of dx...i'm afraid none of these have worked for me.  I have also purchased (thru steam) the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and it plays without any dx error messages at all.  I only get an error when Origin started to automatically update new content into ME Andromeda, ME2 and ME1.  I'm open to suggestions from the collective...
Message 16 of 17 (506 Views)

@BuffyAU1 

So you get the exact same error if you try to install the ME2 original game?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Message 17 of 17 (498 Views)