Mass Effect 2 DLC not working

by snarky_sneasel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 DLC not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

On my Xbox One, I recently got a subscription to EA Access so I could play Mass Effect 2. I downloaded the game, and also downloaded DLC that were available to me. A good number of these DLC were available to me through home sharing on my husbands account. My Xbox is his “Home” Xbox. He had Mass Effect 2 years ago, and though his disk is gone, the DLC he purchased are still attached to his account. However, when I go into the game, those DLC do not appear as purchased in Cerberus, even though I have them installed on my Xbox. But if I log into his account on my Xbox and start up Mass Effect, they show as purchased in Cerberus and appear to work. 

Am I unable to use the DLC he had purchased even though we use home sharing, or is there a way to get them to work? I posted on the Microsoft support and they said it’s possible the DLC can’t be shared using home sharing and that I ask here, is that the case?

Message 1 of 4 (724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC not working

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @snarky_sneasel

I'm afraid this is working as intended Frown Some of the extra content purchased in the Xbox Store will not be available through the home sharing option. Using backwards compatibility makes it even more tricky. While I can confirm it for Mass Effect 2, Microsoft support should be able to tell you more about the feature itself if you have any further questions.

Thanks for the tag @holger1405 Standard smile

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (674 Views)

All Replies

@snarky_sneasel

I don't have enough knowledge about the Xbox to answer that.

Tagging @EA_Ataashi.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (695 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @snarky_sneasel

I'm afraid this is working as intended Frown Some of the extra content purchased in the Xbox Store will not be available through the home sharing option. Using backwards compatibility makes it even more tricky. While I can confirm it for Mass Effect 2, Microsoft support should be able to tell you more about the feature itself if you have any further questions.

Thanks for the tag @holger1405 Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 4 (675 Views)

★ Novice

Ah darn. Oh well, thank you for the reply!

Message 4 of 4 (662 Views)