Mass Effect 2 DLC/Cerberus Network/ tons of questions and problems

by devtehyellow

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 DLC/Cerberus Network/ tons of questions and problems

★★★ Newbie

Hello I have a lot of questions.

I've recently interested myself in playing mass effect 2 again and I want to indulge myself in getting all the DLCs because I never did before.

I have no clue what's going on, because I'm running into all sorts of problems. First I'll share what I'm doing.

I have mass effect 2 currently on Steam.

Everytime I run the game. I get some error message from EA saying it couldn't find anything 'Prosecutor51' related. (That's my steam account) So I have to log into Cerberus Network manually. And when I do, it doesn't show me that Zaeed is available or anything like that.

The only thing I can find is that link that brings you to the DLCs on the Bioware social site.

And I hope I don't get redirected there, because I've looked and the Zaeed DLC still isn't there.

So that's one problem, because I literally have no clue what is going on.

Also, this is for the future. I'm not sure how to install DLCs for mass effect 2 onto Steam. I have no clue.

Any codes I have says I've already used them, and I really dont know. Because If i used them, why can't all this work?

I bought Mass Effect 2 new.

Can anyone please help me out

Message 1 of 4 (736 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC/Cerberus Network/ tons of questions and problems

★★ Novice

Sounds like you've got the same problem most of us got with EA accounts.

Make sure your EA account is properly linked to your Steam account.  I know some people get automatic Origin Accounts upon the first EA game they play online, and this can lead to issues with authorization.

Firstly, try logging into your EA Account online, and link it to Steam.  Hopefully, this will work; if not, you will get a message saying the account has already been used.

If happens, you will have to contact Cust Support and have them link the accounts.

Message 2 of 4 (721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you link your steam account to your EA one? Is there a specific option for this? I can't seem to find it.

Message 3 of 4 (702 Views)

★★ Novice

It should be in your accounts page when you sign into you EA account.  They'll have a listing of any XBL PSN or Steam accounts linked to it.

Barring that, you'll have to contact a rep to do this, I did mine through the insta-chat.

Considering they've been changing all this around, it may be different for you to get to the appropriate pages.

Message 4 of 4 (625 Views)