Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC Broken for Steam

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 DLC Broken for Steam

★★★ Newbie

What it says. I got ME2 on Steam, then picked up the DLC from here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/

The problem is twofold. First when I start up the game I get a message about the DLC not being authorized and having to log in first. Then when I try to enter my key and log in to the cerberus network it says my "connection was interrupted." 

How are other steam purchasers getting the DLC to work? If it's just broken then does it work through origin? I'm really hoping to avoid dealing with origin, but I'll do it as a last resort if it means I can check out ME2 with all the bells and whistles. 

Message 1 of 19 (3,479 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I found a solution to my problem a few minutes after posting this, so I'll throw it up here for anyone having the same problem. Go to this link and redeem the key you got for the cerberus network from steam. https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index

Then just start up the game again. You'll get the not authorized message again, but then cerberus network will connect and all the DLC will be active. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (4,487 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I found a solution to my problem a few minutes after posting this, so I'll throw it up here for anyone having the same problem. Go to this link and redeem the key you got for the cerberus network from steam. https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index

Then just start up the game again. You'll get the not authorized message again, but then cerberus network will connect and all the DLC will be active. 

Message 2 of 19 (4,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Dude you just saved my 2 hours of search ty <3
Message 3 of 19 (3,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was able to use the links provided for the solution but when i launched the game the dlc wont show up when I am in the middle of the game.

Message 4 of 19 (3,369 Views)

@SuspectedSins

Which DLCs don't show up?

The above solution will only work for the Cerberus network DLCs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 19 (3,355 Views)

★★ Novice

That’s what dlcs I tried doing with the above solution and I redeemed the code to get it but it won’t show up in game

Message 6 of 19 (3,327 Views)

@SuspectedSins

So the DLCs you are trying to get to work are these?
• Firewalker Pack
• Zaeed – The Price of Revenge
• Cerberus Weapon and Armor
• Normandy Crash Site
• Cerberus Arc Projector

You did install them with the installers downloaded from this page?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 7 of 19 (3,315 Views)

★★ Novice

All it said is that I redeemed them that’s it I didn’t know that there were installers

Message 8 of 19 (3,303 Views)

@SuspectedSins

Well, there are Installers. Install the DLC with the installers from the side linked in the OP and it should work.

Message 9 of 19 (3,289 Views)

★★ Novice

So ive installed the dlc but its saying that i need to sign into the account that owns it but i already am i have some dlc but not all and idk why its not working

Message 10 of 19 (3,211 Views)