Mass Effect 2: Connecting to Cerberus Network takes too long

by pacient99304

Original Post

Mass Effect 2: Connecting to Cerberus Network takes too long

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi.

So I bought a DLC Bundle for Mass Effect 2, and after starting a game it stuck with "Connecting to Cerberus Network..." message (screenshot attached). In this state I can move the mouse, but all the buttons are inactive, they do not change their state when mouse is hovered over them.

Before buying the bundle I had ME2 installed, it was downloaded from Origin, and it ran correctly, except I had this situation, when I always had to log in Cerberus Network, after which I was getting the message that I have DLCs, like Liar of the Shadow Broker (which I did not have at the time). Bundle was downloaded via Origin as well.

It's been frozen like that for more than an hour already, so any help is appreciated. Standard smile

Edit 1:

Internet become much slower since I launched the game (with bundle). Is it possible that game downloads some missing content?

Edit 2:

Repairing the game is not helping.

Message 1 of 5 (707 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2: Connecting to Cerberus Network takes too long

@pacient99304 

There should be a "Connect" button right next to the "Connecting to Cerberus Network" message (left side) the button is not visible in your screenshot but might still be responsive.

If that don't works, kill the ME2 process in the Windows Task manager > Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME2 > Repair)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Couldn't find a "Connect" button, could you, please, mark it's position on the screenshot I attached. Tried to click around and over the "Connecting to Cerberus Network" message, did not get any result.

As for repairing the game - tried this one too already, did not get the result

Message 3 of 5 (693 Views)

@pacient99304 

pacient99304 wrote:

Couldn't find a "Connect" button, could you, please, mark it's position on the screenshot I attached. Tried to click around and over the "Connecting to Cerberus Network" message, did not get any result.

You would have hit it if you clicked there.

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After another game reload everything started working.

Message 5 of 5 (595 Views)