Re: Mass Effect 2: Change Aspect Ratio to 16:9

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2: Change Aspect Ratio to 16:9

★★★ Newbie

I just booted up Mass Effect 2 on Windows 10, and it comes up as a square screen with bars on both sides. Is there a way to change the resolution to 1920x1080 to fit my computer screen? Graphics card is nVidia GEForce 940MX

Message 1 of 8 (5,496 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero

There should be a resolution setting in the graphics options. If you don't see that, you can instead open the config utility and set the graphics there.  The config utility is in the folder where Mass Effect 2 is installed and is called MassEffect2Launcher.exe.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (5,470 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

There should be a resolution setting in the graphics options. If you don't see that, you can instead open the config utility and set the graphics there.  The config utility is in the folder where Mass Effect 2 is installed and is called MassEffect2Launcher.exe.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (5,471 Views)

★★ Novice

Not in 2020

Message 3 of 8 (4,478 Views)

@DarthClegane 

Would you care to elaborate on this? Wondering

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (4,472 Views)

★★ Novice

You cannot load the ME2 launcher through the drive directory.  Masseffectconfig.exe. It doesn't exist if you install the game through Origin's client.  You can if you installed it through Steam.  You cannot DL the DLC on Steam as it was only released via Origin's client.  

I haven't tried re-installing the steam version, dl'ing the manual install DLC off Bioware and then trying to apply the Origin DLC Keys.

But you cannot launch the Game Launcher through the directory which means you cannot access the fine tune graphic setting contained there-in.  Just the basics in the game menus after its been launched.

Message 5 of 8 (4,463 Views)

[ Edited ]

DarthClegane 

I have the game on Steam (since release) and on Origin, the "MassEffect2Config.exe" is in both installations in the ">Drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries" folder respectively in the ">Drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mass Effect 2\Binaries" folder. 
I however saw installations where the "MassEffect2Config.exe" was one directory above this path.

There are not that much more you can config in the tool anyway and what is there, Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering can be forced in the driver.

For the DLC, if you have the game in Steam and linked to Origin it should show up your Origin library, and than you should be able to add the DLCs under "Extra Content".

Or you can use the manual installation as you mentioned. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 8 (4,448 Views)

★★ Novice

That is an empty folder.  I'm guessing they are hidden or perhaps I need to allow my self a permission.

Message 7 of 8 (4,438 Views)

★★ Novice

I see what happened.  I uninstalled with steam after xferring the key to Origin.   My install is in the steam folders still.  Origin's installer still created the directories but they are majoritativly empty.  Game appears on Origin's client, not steam but is installed in steam's folders.   

Steam ruined gaming form what it was before.

May Gabe and EA's Board of Directors rot in the sun till their flesh melts.

Message 8 of 8 (4,434 Views)