Re: Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Network Login

by TheEssus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Network Login

★★ Novice

I have Mass Effect 2 installed through Origin and it says that I have all of my DLC downloaded and installed.  When I run the game I am told that I have to log into the Cerberus Network so that my ownership of the DLC can be verified.  When I try to login with my Origin account it says the password is wrong.  I went to the EA Mass Effect site to test my EA Online account, which is the same as my steam info of course, and it works there.  If Origin knows that I own the DLC why do I have to log into the Cerberus Network and why is the Network not working.

I checked my firewall settings and Mass Effect 2 is allowed passage.

I tried the EA contact us site but after filling out the "Tell us a little about your problem" screen, the next screen was plank with only a link to the new Answer HQ page.  How is that Contact Us?

Message 1 of 9 (24,250 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

If I remember correctly, Mass Effect 2's password form has difficulties with certain special characters. If you have special characters, change your password, and the game may accept it.

If the support site doesn't have any useful contact methods, change your region.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (26,339 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

If I remember correctly, Mass Effect 2's password form has difficulties with certain special characters. If you have special characters, change your password, and the game may accept it.

If the support site doesn't have any useful contact methods, change your region.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (26,340 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it worked once I reset my password and removed any special characters.

Message 3 of 9 (24,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Fred_vdp Come on that's embarrassing, remove special characters so the password is WEAK and then you can play the game !!!???!? ROFLMAO this is just utter INCOMPETENCE - fine I'll change my password scheme just because EA Developers can't fix this and take security seriously - bunch of amateurs
Message 4 of 9 (11,582 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

If anyone is still having this Problem in 2020.
Your Password can also be too long.
Had a PW with 20 Characters and it did not work for
the Cerberus Network.
I was forced to chose a much smaller PW....

Message 5 of 9 (9,087 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just amazing. Special characters make the  HTTP request invalid (or is  not even generated).  Frankly, Bioware's code quality cannot be considered  good enough with this type of trash.   You cannot even close the game with standard ALT+F4

Message 6 of 9 (8,925 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yep, having this issue 2021, shorter password fixed it for me.

Message 7 of 9 (4,764 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I changed my password (short and without special symbols) and authorised. But that's stupid.

Message 8 of 9 (3,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too had to change the password because of this. Long gone are the times where Bioware made things like the Infinity Engine which could run perfectly with wire and some tape.

Message 9 of 9 (1,102 Views)