Re: Mass Effect 2 AWC.DLL Load Fail

by Annwynn123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 AWC.DLL Load Fail

★★ Apprentice

Have uninstalled and re-installed, gone to the Origins Website and downloaded all of the DLC content piece meal, Have no clue how to proceed from this point...  The "Chat with a EA game advisor" option doesn't seem to work either - times out after about 5 minutes and says to refresh your question... IS THERE SOME WAY TO MAKE THIS GAME WORK/GET HELP WITH IT - (worked fine in the past - after fiddling around with it - just can't remember what I fiddled with (been a few years).  Thanks in advance - I won't hold my breath... back to trying to get someone from EA games I guess... is there a way to talk to someone from Origins... EA Games seems very unreliable at best

Message 1 of 26 (63,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@ShinsFortress wrote:

It runs fine for me if I launch it direct from ME2game.exe rather than MassEffect2.exe.

Can't get it to run from within Origin.

Win8.1 Pro machine.

Exactly. The MassEffect2.exe causes the error, while ME2Game.exe works fine. EA should update Origin so that ME2 launches the working executable.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 26 (32,778 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am currently in talks with someone about this same exact problem with my mass effect 2. They have no idea what is going on at all. I do not know if you have fixed this issue yet or not, but I will post what I can when they get back to me with solutions so that other people can see what was done if anyone else comes across this error.

Message 2 of 26 (62,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I had this problem only just now and managed to fix it, I'll say what I did in case it's of any use.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries

Delete: MassEffect2Config.exe MassEffect2.exe MEGame2.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2

Delete the folder called "data"

Origin > My Games > right click Mass Effect 2 > Repair Install or download game?

Probably don't need the one below, this was because Origin refused to launch the game at all.

C:\Users\username\Documents\BioWare

Delete Mass Effect 2 folder.

Message 3 of 26 (62,872 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What finally fixed my problem was turning off my firewalls - apparently the auto exe at the end of the download for ME2 was not able to "do it's thing" because of my firewalls. When installing the PC download version of the game it doesn't send the files described in the online answer that was given... instead it attaches those files to as an auto execution bit at the end of the download and the files themselves are never actually on your computer.  Hence when looking for the files that are named in the online answer I found, I came up with nothing... but I did remember seeing the names at the end of the download. 

Anyhow, that's what worked for me. 

Message 4 of 26 (62,866 Views)

FYI.

Once you play the game "C:\Users\username\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2" will be where your save files (as well as other folders) will reside. If you want to preserve your saves make sure you copy the save folder to a safe place before deleting the "C:\Users\username\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2" folder.

SD Signature Banner

Message 5 of 26 (62,862 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Cloud Storage had a copy of all my old games (bout a year ago)

This was a fresh install of the game after reformatting and putting win7 on the computer.

Message 6 of 26 (62,859 Views)

★ Novice

i have the same problem and i don't know.

Confusedmileysad:

Message 7 of 26 (62,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just reload Mass Effect 2 on my PC, the game worked fine until i uploaded the 'Genesis add on' now all i get is AWC.DLL load fail.

Message 8 of 26 (57,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confusedmileylol: Finally got it working!!!!!!!

I went into the folder 'Mass Effect 2'.. then folder 'Binaries'.. Then to start the game i clicked on the file ME2Game (exe).

It normally trys to load the game with the file MassEffect2 (exe) which only comes up with the AWC.DLL Load Fail.

Try that, hope it works for someone!

Message 9 of 26 (57,887 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Gratz! Reese166

I think the game will finally submit if you tinker with it long enough (smile).

See ya on battlefield.

Message 10 of 26 (57,879 Views)