Re: ME2 "Unable to Authorize the listed DLC" Steam/Origin

by CEMG123

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have repaired all the files and tested the game- I still get an error message saying that it can't connect to the ME2 servers, but for some reason I can now load my old game files with all DLC intact and working. Question: considering how ALOT never gave me any issues before and is technically only a texture update, is there any reason why it wouldn't work now? Or maybe you have some tips for using ALOT?

Message 21 of 28 (1,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Regardless- many thanks for your help! ALOT or not I can at least play the game now!

Message 22 of 28 (1,346 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Memezeek  schrieb:

I have repaired all the files and tested the game- I still get an error message saying that it can't connect to the ME2 servers, but for some reason I can now load my old game files with all DLC intact and working. Question: considering how ALOT never gave me any issues before and is technically only a texture update, is there any reason why it wouldn't work now?

No, I see no reason.

But it is always a good idea to start modding at a complete vanilla game.

This should be the case after a game repair, but if you not 100% sure you should do a complete clean re-installation of the game.

(Making a back up of the vanilla game will speed up the process of purging errors very much.)

Clean re-installation means also that you also get ride of the ME2 folders under "Documents\BioWare". (Move the "Mass Effect 2" folder from under "Documents\BioWare" to a save place outside the "BioWare" folder so you have a backup of your save games. You can copy them back after the installation has finished.

Apart from that, read the instructions on the ALOT Nexus page very carefully before you start. (Things change sometimes rather quickly if it comes to mods.) Wink

You however should solve the "can't connect to the ME2 servers" problem first. This could lead to problems.
Other culprits for this problem could be a overprotective virus scanner, wrong firewall configuration or a account problem. (among other things.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 23 of 28 (1,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought Mass Effect 1 & 2 including the ME2 digital deluxe DLC (promo key, Cerberus key, & game key) from steam in 2014. I have proof. This month in order to play the full game with all DLCs I bought the ME 2 Deluxe DLC bundle from Origin. I was not able to get the bundle activated and working on steam so I upgraded my Origin account by activating the Mass effect 2 game that was originally on steam only on Origin using the game key. Origin accepted the key and placed the game in my account. However, my new DLCs bought on Origin is not activating after installing them in the game. At the main menu page after starting, it says that it was unable to authorize the listed DLC and that I need to log into Cerberus Network with the account used to purchase the DLC. I have tried getting into Cerberus but I can’t remember my password. I have read some of the recommended solutions and have even cleared out my catch. I also changed the passwords on both my steam and Origin leaving out any special characters. But it does not work as the message is the same. Can you assist me? I hope I am at the correct platform.

Message 24 of 28 (1,011 Views)

@CEMG123 

If you can't remember the password of the account you purchased the DLCs with there is nothing you can do on your side to make them work.

You can contact EA Support and see if they can help you but I am not sure if they are able too. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 25 of 28 (995 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Hero,

I tried to get into the EA help web site but I am not able to. Is there any other way that I can contact EA? Please assist. Thanks.

Message 26 of 28 (985 Views)

@CEMG123 

Restarting the router, changing the region to English (if not already set this way), changing Browsers, disabling add-ons especially anti-script and ad-block software or the windows firewall and the virus scanner for the contact attempt could help.

Here is an EA contact guide.

If all this fails and call becomes the only option, you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice for this call to reduce the cost. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK. (UK number  +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

More international Telephone numbers:

UK: +44 203 0141818
France:  +33 4 81 68 08 08
Spain: +34 911 230 490
Germany +49 221 37 050 193
Austria: +43 720  88 33 49
Mexico: +52 33 4770 5297
Norwegian:  +47 21 08 17 06
Dutch: +31 20 80 83 219
Swiss  +41 225 18 10 05

Poland  +48 22 39 70 840

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook.

Message 27 of 28 (975 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Hero. I will try what you have suggested and get back. Thanks

Message 28 of 28 (963 Views)