Is there a reason why the Terminus armor and weapon can be purchased on PS3 but not on 360 or PC?

by spider5799

Original Post

Is there a reason why the Terminus armor and weapon can be purchased on PS3 but not on 360 or PC?

★★★ Newbie

I know it was a preorder bonus, but it's available for purchase on the PS3's store and not available on XBL's marketplace or in the PC version. What gives?

Message 1 of 11 (4,486 Views)

Re: Is there a reason why the Terminus armor and weapon can be purchased on PS3 but not on 360 or PC?

If I remember correctly Terminus armor was a pre-order item available for PC and X-Box copies of ME2. ME2 was released in 2010, but wasn't available for PS3 users until 2011. The Terminus armor may have been included with PS3 copies of the game since they were unable to take advantage of the pre-order goodies at the original time of release.

ME2 Release date(s)

Microsoft Windows & Xbox 360

•     NA January 26, 2010
  •     EU January 29, 2010
  •     AU January 28, 2010

PlayStation 3

•     NA January 18, 2011
  •     EU January 21, 2011
  •     AU January 27, 2011

SD Signature Banner

Message 2 of 11 (4,441 Views)

Re: Is there a reason why the Terminus armor and weapon can be purchased on PS3

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I realise this is a very old thread, but I would also like to know why it isn't possible for 360 or PC users to purchase the Terminus armour/Blackstorm weapon.

True, it was a pre-order bonus, but it has never been made available for purchase like the Inferno armour, which was also a pre-order item. End of the day, PS3 users have had the the option to buy it for 3 years now; 360/PC users only had a limited window of time to do so. The same is true of the Dr Pepper promotional items that are now only available for purchase on PS3.

Currently, PC users can only obtain it through means of ilegal downloads, like torrents, which I refuse to use. I'm a huge Mass Effect fan and want to support BioWare.

Message 3 of 11 (4,259 Views)

★★ Novice

it seems several DLCs are for free now, according to the wikia-page for ME2 that includes the terminus dlc. but when i wanna "buy" it for 0 points in the origin client i can't complete the order, the button in the small buy-window is greyed out then.

so i can't get the terminus dlc, blood dragon armor, sentry interface, umbra-visor and that other thing "aufklärungskapuze", probably another headgear. 5 DLC that are "for free" in the DLC-list but i can't get them -.-

Message 4 of 11 (3,983 Views)

@RadimentriX

Go here, login with the same E Mail address and password you use for your Origin account. Register your games if you have to, then go to "My Games" > "your registered game contend".

From there you should be able to download the contend.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 11 (3,974 Views)

★★ Novice

nope, already checked that. everything's there except the 5 DLCs that i don't have but that are "for free" in origin

Message 6 of 11 (3,964 Views)

Did you tried in game at "New content available"? I will check out the content you mentioned later, then I have more time. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 7 of 11 (3,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hmm, i have no idea where to find the "new content available" button. all i see is my games and my dlcs and there are just the ones that i already have installed :-/

€: omgomgomgomg i see why it didn't work -.- there's a checkbox when buying in origin and it has the SAME effin colour as the background -.- i just found it by accident because it got an orange frame when my cursor was above it -.- it worked now

Message 8 of 11 (3,957 Views)

Good to hear, have fun.

Message 9 of 11 (3,945 Views)

★ Novice

I don't suppose there's a way to get the Terminus Armor for Xbox One still is there?

Message 10 of 11 (2,198 Views)