Re: Is Overlord DLC taken off Xbox store?

by N30N-FI3RC3

Original Post

★ Novice

I am in the UK and was able to purchase all DLC at time of starting this post EXCEPT Overlord. Having just completed Mass Effect 3 without it, I can confirm it leaves a large gap in the story AND a war asset from the game. I completely agree with the other posters here in saying that this is the last thing EA needs just before the launch of a highly awaited game. The publicity could really hurt sales.

I hope EA finally gets this sorted.

Message 21 of 36 (1,585 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@compukn1ght wrote:

I am in the UK and was able to purchase all DLC at time of starting this post EXCEPT Overlord.

Overlord is actually back on the store as of today. Can you not download it for some reason?

Message 22 of 36 (1,577 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Snowcrash000 @compukn1ght @Snowcrash000 

Can any of you confirm, this is resolved for you now? Can you download all the DLC for Mass Effect 2 properly now? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 23 of 36 (1,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello @Snowcrash000 @compukn1ght @Snowcrash000 

Can any of you confirm, this is resolved for you now? Can you download all the DLC for Mass Effect 2 properly now? 

Cheers,

Archi

Well, as I already confirmed in my other topic, Kasumi and Shadow Broker are back on the xbox marketplace and purchasable/downloadable. Overlord is back on the marketplace, but I cannot confirm if it's purchasable/downloadable because I was not planning on buying it right away, especially after Kasumi was kind of a let-down, to be honest. The Equalizer Pack is still missing from the xbox marketplace.

Message 24 of 36 (8,681 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I was able to purchase and download Shadow Broker successfully, and Overlord seems to be available as well ! 

Message 25 of 36 (1,578 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As an update, according to a user on Reddit, Overlord is also purchasable/downloadable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5xriyj/no_spoilers_kasumi_dlc_no_longer_available/deowa...

Message 26 of 36 (1,568 Views)

Hello @Snowcrash000 and everyone else in this thread. 

Thanks for all the confirmations, I am glad we were able to sort this out for everyone. And why Katsumi mission was a let-down for you @Snowcrash000? It is one my favorite missions in ME2, don`t want to spoil the story for anyone, but the whole heist story arc was incredible.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 27 of 36 (1,540 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello @Snowcrash000 and everyone else in this thread. 

Thanks for all the confirmations, I am glad we were able to sort this out for everyone. And why Katsumi mission was a let-down for you @Snowcrash000? It is one my favorite missions in ME2, don`t want to spoil the story for anyone, but the whole heist story arc was incredible.

Cheers,

Archi 

The Equalizer pack is still not back on the xbox marketplace, so I'm not sure if the issue really is quite sorted yet. It's actually been quite a while now, so it would be kinda good to know if we can expect that back on the marketplace or if it somehow fell between the cracks and noone is bothering fishing it out again.

Concerning Kasumi, I was kinda disappointed by her loyalty mission, to be honest. The heist part of it (breaking into the vault) lasts about 10 minutes and is incredibly simplistic and unrealistic. Then you spend the rest of the mission hiding behind boxes and shooting waves of enemies like in every other side mission, not even the final boss is unique. I mean, there are one or two cool moments, but I had just expected more stealth and security puzzles. Also, you can't even have proper dialogues with Kasumi, she just gives random comments, just like Zaeed. The difference being that Zaeed was free. That's the other thing, I just feel that it's really overpriced for 1h of gameplay and a character that you can't even have proper dialogues with. At least her cabin is kinda cool...

Message 28 of 36 (1,524 Views)

Thank you @Snowcrash000 for this quick review. I personally liked her story arc. It felt new and fresh with a nice sci-fi touch. But maybe I just watch too much M:I movies. And thanks for the report on the Equalizer pack. I`ve forwarded your post to our experts to investigate. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 29 of 36 (1,516 Views)

★★ Novice

Archi,

I am based in the USA (East Coast) and I am unable to download the Equalizer pack on the Xbox 360 from the Xbox Marketplace. Replaying the whole series in anticipation of Andromeda and this bums me out. Any suggestions or workarounds?

Message 30 of 36 (1,492 Views)