Re: Is Overlord DLC taken off Xbox store?

by GotchaMan141

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello @Snowcrash000 @compukn1ght @ArchBub @S4nch0390 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the DLC. Can you please give me some additional information on this. What region are you currently in? And the issue is, you can not download the DLC you own, or can not buy them? Or both? I guess you have already tried to restart your router/console?

Cheers,

Archi

First off, thanks for finally getting back to us on this issue. However, since the DLC in question has actually been removed from the xbox marketplace entirely by now, that kind of seems to render your questions moot. To clarify: this all started with being unable to buy the DLC, the error code given was 80153003. As mentioned, the DLC is not available at all as of today. I am in Germany and all the usual troublemaking solutions were attempted. I was also able to purchase Bring Down The Sky for ME1 without any problems right beforehand.

I think you need to realize that this is not an isolated issue. As I have already mentioned in my other topic, people are complaining about this not only here, but on various forums all over the internet. Multiple people on these forums claim that xbox support told them that the reason for the removal of the DLC is that EA has "lost" the licenses for it. Whether that means that these licenses have expired or been removed on purpose is unclear at this point. It would be really good to know if this is something that was done on purpose or by accident and, most importantly, if there are any plans to put that DLC back on the marketplace in the near future.

Please keep in mind that we are talking about some of the most popular DLC in the entirey series here, with Shadow Broker in particular generally being considered the 2nd best Mass Effect DLC right after Citadel and Kasumi being a very popular squad member that carries on to ME3. To be be quite honest, with the release of Andromeda right around the corner, this couldn't come at worse time. Many people will be interested in the beginnings of the Mass Effect universe and I think that a lot of them are going to be pissed off having to miss out on some of the best parts of it, which could generate quite a bit of bad publicity surrounding the Release of Mass Effect Andromeda.

https://forums.xbox.com/de-DE/thread/3956251a-81b5-4108-8e0e-ac6972d4a616

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5xriyj/no_spoilers_kasumi_dlc_no_longer_available/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5x38rx/tech_cant_purchase_particular_dlc_for_mass_effect/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/comments/5xm0qr/need_help_buying_dlc_on_the_360/

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944907-mass-effect-2/75047419

Message 11 of 36 (1,554 Views)

★ Novice

Great work Snowcrash000, I can only reiterate what you've been saying. A lot of people will be picking up the Trilogy in anticipation and probably because of Andromeda (when they've played it and enjoyed it) only to find out some of the most pivotal dlc from Mass Effect 2 is not available to them. I bought an Xbox One myself purely because I had the chance to play the games again after getting rid of my PS3 and it's really frustrating that I probably won't be able to play Lair of the Shadow Broker after all. Wasn't Mass Effect 2 only recently put onto the backwards compat list too?

Having said that I've seen someone mention that the Kasumi dlc is now available to buy again on the Xbox store. I had a look myself and there now seems to be a price again (though I'm not ready to commit for sure in case the rest doesn't come back as I don't want to waste any more money). Hopefully this is just a temporary thing.

Message 12 of 36 (1,533 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that the Kasumi DLC is back on the store again and available for purchase, I just successfully did so Standard smile.

The rest are still missing, let's hope that they will follow shortly, especially SHADOW BROKER!

Message 13 of 36 (1,530 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @Snowcrash000 for additional information on this. I will get back with the update on this soon.

Cheers,
Archi

Archi.png
Message 14 of 36 (1,566 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

@Snowcrash000@compukn1ght@EA_Archi@CammyOwl23@ArchBub

Yea! I'm having the same issues. It started with trying to buy the Kasumi - Stolen Memory dlc. At least now you can buy Kasumi but Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker are not working yet. I can't see those two on the website buy I can see them on the Xbox One store. I've made reports to Xbox and Bioware. Hopefully this will get resolved soon. Really want to play those dlc's again. Especially Shadow Broker. 

Message 15 of 36 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Snowcrash000@compukn1ght@EA_Archi@CammyOwl23@archbub

Hey guys, 

Just wanted to confirm I'm experiencing this issue in the US as well ! Replaying the series in anticipation of Andromeda, and wanting to play the DLC I missed previously. I already had the Kasumi so can't comment on that in particular, but I am unable to buy Overlord and Shadow Broker (they don't even show up on a search whatsoever) let alone download them.

I also attempted to buy directly from Bioware as suggested in another thread on this issue, but when I selected the link to buy for xbox it redirected me to the xbox marketplace with a 'whoops page not found' image, which I took a screenshot of and attached to this for reference. Unlike what Snowcrash is describing with getting error code 80153003 when they try to buy the dlc, I simply get a notice that says: 'There are no items available for purchase at this time'.

Not sure if that helps at all, but hopefully shows that this is not only happening in certain circumstances etc ? Is there a certain category that would be best to report this to EA under ? I was thinking 'Missing Content' but since I haven't actually been able to buy anything yet that that would apply in this situation. 

Message 16 of 36 (1,459 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys, 

Just wanted to let you all know this is happening for me in the US as well ! I did try to post this previously, but my post doesn't appear to have shown up. Outside of the actual ME2 DLC menu, Overlord, Kasumi, and Shadow Broker don't even seem to exist in the Xbox Marketplace, and when I do try and buy those DLC from the game itself rather than error code 80153003 I simply get a message that says: 'There are no items available for purchase at this time'.

Also, I did try to start directly from Bioware as someone suggested in another thread on this topic, but when I clicked on the Xbox option it redirected me to the Xbox Marketplace where it gave me a 'whoops page not found' image, which I've attached for reference.

Is there are certain category we should report this to EA under ? I was thinking Missing Content would be the most appropriate, but since I haven't technically purchased anything yet wasn't sure if this was the right course of action. Hope this helps, really wanting to play these DLC in preparation for Andromeda's release !

@Snowcrash000@compukn1ght@EA_Archi@CammyOwl23@archbub

Message 17 of 36 (1,458 Views)

Thank you @GotchaMan141 for providing additional information on this. I will add it to my report. And what region are you currently in? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 18 of 36 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Archi. I'm in North America or US. By the way, incase you didn't know the Equalizer Pack dlc is not working either. 

Message 19 of 36 (1,473 Views)

Thank you @GotchaMan141 for additional info, we will look into this as well. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 20 of 36 (1,433 Views)