Importing character Mass Effect 1 => Mass Effect 2

by ilovejddrew

Original Post

Importing character Mass Effect 1 => Mass Effect 2

★★★ Newbie

Hi!  I have Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 for PC through Origin and was looking to important my save from Mass Effect 1 into Mass Effect 2.

Typically, a launcher option is shown to be launched with a configuration option, but whenever I launch it through Origin it just boots the game directly and doesn't allow me to use the Config Tool, which I need to import my save.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8 (16,690 Views)

Re: Importing character Mass Effect 1 => Mass Effect 2

★ Apprentice

You can find MassEffect2Launcher.exe in your Mass Effect 2 installation folder.

Message 2 of 8 (16,597 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Where is installation folder?
Message 3 of 8 (16,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

right click on the icon if it is on your desktop and click "open file location" the config button should be there

Message 4 of 8 (16,267 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant find the Launcher either. I found the files for ME2 and I looked in binaries and every other file but no launcher....

Message 5 of 8 (16,075 Views)

★★ Novice

ok, so after a solid 2.5 painful hours, I found that in binaries there is no launcher but there is a file called masseffect configuration, which is what we needed. So I got it. HOORAY!

Message 6 of 8 (16,056 Views)

★★ Novice

Ugh, been searching for 3 hours and finnaly found my ME2 files only to find my Binaries and other folders are mostly empty. -_- Now what?

Message 7 of 8 (15,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That's the wrong binaries folder. There's an empty one in Documents, which you don't need, and another one in the folder where the game is installed.

In any case, you don't need to find that folder anymore since both the retail copy and Origin now open the launcher instead of the game.

Read the sticky thread for details: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Importing-a-save-file-from-Mass-Effect-1/m-p/1141188#U1141...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 8 (15,791 Views)