Re: Importing Mass Effect 2 DLC to Steam

by sebbie117

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Holger1405 wrote:
No resident ME Hero can test if it works because we all have the DLCs already.

Exactly!  We all have the full suite of DLC installed, since we're (obviously) all fanbois and grab that stuff as soon as it's on offer. :eahigh_file:

Message 11 of 18 (2,552 Views)

★ Guide
Holger is right, you can copy that folder, move it to a usb stick, format your computer, reinstall the game and drop the folder back into your documents\bioware folder once again and they will all show up as they should.

I do this all the time for Mass Effect and from DAO to DA2.
Message 12 of 18 (2,541 Views)

★★★ Novice

HI all, sorry im a few years late.. but where can i buy this dlc now today in 2018?

i found the dlc bundle on origin, but it needs the blood dragon armor from other games & dlc? origin knew this, showed me a link to add it to my dlc purchase, but then gave me an error message..

so i was planning on dumping my steam copy, grabbing the game on origin with the full dlc's... but the error has given me doubts.. along with the usual ea/bioware debacle when issues arise, websites closed etc etc..

what the hell do i do to get the full dlc? i can only see the games on origin & no link to preview dlc's... the bundle i found was a link i saved.

enjoying the series.. then came this ME2 dlc issue... i see a lot of the dlc content can affect ME3.. so naturally when i saw that i wanted it.. i was nearly at end of game so found the EA old game page and grabbed the lot..

usual trouble only the cerberus ones working..  none of the list below works..  although genesis & shadow broker is listed in my cerbeurus terminal.. but i cant access anything on that anyway.. it just shows me & i can click next page..

I came from SWTOR... so ea / bioware issues were common... i cant believe ive found same problems again Standard smile i just want to play mass effect 2 qith dlc's, then play the 3rd game... whats wrong with that ffs?

Message 13 of 18 (2,505 Views)

@Darktechno-MCFC

@darktechnomcfc wrote:

usual trouble only the cerberus ones working..  none of the list below works..  although genesis & shadow broker is listed in my cerbeurus terminal.. but i cant access anything on that anyway.. it just shows me & i can click next page..

They don't work because you don't own them.

After you redeemed the Steam product key in Origin you can either buy the ME2 DLC bundle or any DLC separately with Bioware Points.

You don't need external links, all DLCs (including the Blood Dragon Armour) can be downloaded inside Origin under the "Extra Content" tab inside the game page.

Unbenanntes Bild.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 14 of 18 (2,498 Views)

★★ Novice

@KeenJin wrote:

quick Q.

i already have ME2 over at steam, but without any dlcs.

if just buy ME2 dlc bundle over at origin and download those from the ea support page then install them... will i be fine to play the dlcs?

or will there be any complications requiring me to take some more steps whatsoever those may be?

I can confirm this works.

If anyone is trying this from scratch, I think I would recommend just:

1) Buy, download, and install all DLC via the Origin client

2) Re-verify integrity of game files in Steam - this doesn't wipe out DLC or save files

3) Boot via Steam

Here's the full list of steps I took to arrive at this:

1) Bought ME2 on Steam

2) Downloaded & installed all the free DLC via Origin client

3) Re-verified integrity of game files in Steam for booting to work

4) Found and downloaded all the DLC from the support page thinking it was free - tried to boot, but got the "Unable to authorize DLC" message, found this thread

5) Bought the DLC bundle on Origin, downloaded the two extra items that were not yet listed as installed

6) Re-verified integrity of game files again, booted on Steam and confirmed DLC working

Sorry for posting in an old thread. I found it helpful, hopefully others will find this helpful too Standard smile

Message 15 of 18 (1,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

dang, this thread's still alive?

giving you my thumbs up.

respect.

Message 16 of 18 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot! I'm going to try this once I get home!

Message 17 of 18 (1,444 Views)

★★ Novice

I think that shut it down because it has to do with the covid or something else 

Message 18 of 18 (871 Views)