Re: Importing ME1 save to ME2 (PC)

by Gonzostud42

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Importing ME1 save to ME2 (PC)

★★★ Novice

So I've been looking on how to import the save games and found the right place. However, my config menu only displays the system options and not the game options that have the save file option. Can anyone help me with this?

Message 1 of 24 (67,912 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@lasixgtt

You can find the answer here. (While the Config tool method also still works, if the save-games are in the right place on your computer.) 

It's also a Sticky in the ME2 section. 

Furthermore, Andromeda is a completely new game with new protagonists and new storyline and without save game import from the trilogy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 18 of 24 (38,812 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EA really sucks balls.

It took me forever to figure this out.

Control>Documents>Bioware>Mass Effect>Saves>

Find one that has something like Char_1 543534(Date completed)

Those are the completed game saves

Copy and paste that to

Control>Documents>Bioware>Mass Effect 2>Saves

I like to make a folder inside the mass effect 2 folder save folder and make it ME1 and just throw it in there

So I would right click creat folder name it ''ME1'' and throw the save in there.

That should fix it.

Now excuse me I have to go be pissed off that EA is being a jerk and won't let me use my DLC because they think it's pirated :'D

Message 2 of 24 (67,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This worked about as well as all the other "solutions" offered .-.

so here I am with Masseffect2config not doing Jack, there's no Mass Effect 2 "Saves" file

and Now I sit here with twenty tabs of "solutions" open with none of them getting me any closer to playing Mass Effect 2 than before.

EDIT:

okay so what I found is that instead of "Saves" you want to make the file name: "Save" without the quotation marks Then make the folder "ME1" and paste your final character file into that file.

I won't claim this works for everyone, but it's what worked for me!

Message 3 of 24 (67,558 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks alot for this Mereth. I have had the pleasure of EA's huge problems with the configfile working perfectly, but then making the game unable to launch, a problem which has been around for 4 years to what i can see on forums. This however worked flawlessly, since it's the manuel version of config file(tried myself but was missing the ME1 folder).

Message 4 of 24 (67,171 Views)

★ Novice

You sir are a frekaing genius.  EA totally screwed the awesome pooch that was Mass Effect when they took it over...same goes for Dragon Age.  They got to 1.04 on each game and then threw up their hands and said 'well, so much for us caring about this game...onto the next!'  And don't get me started on EA customer support...bunch of dilweeds there.  Again though, thanks Grave for the nice little trick.

Message 5 of 24 (67,089 Views)

★ Novice

After searching all over the place, this also is what finally worked for me. I have still yet to find any sort of configuration utility anywhere - in any of the foders mentioned (some of which don't even exist on my pc) or anywhere else. 

Message 6 of 24 (66,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried all advice given on here so far, and my problem is still that I cannot get ME2 to launch =( I've tried going to the file location and running the .exe file to open it manually and still nothing. I also DLed it from Origin. Anyone have any advice on how to get it to launch the game again?? Please help! =(

Message 7 of 24 (66,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Merethskul: Can you give me a step by step intruction for this?

Message 8 of 24 (66,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thread might be dead and stuff, but I stumbled across it right now and I got a solution for the problem that did work for me. I hope it helps others as well. Try this one here below point 10 (update). http://www.masseffectsaves.com/import.php 

And now I have to calm down my fiancee for screaming "in your face f**ing EA *" at half past 11 (in Germany). But screw that... Have fun =)

Message 9 of 24 (66,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Mass effect 2>saves file doesn't exsist for me. This is thr only thing stopping me and no one seems to have this problem. Halp

Message 10 of 24 (65,619 Views)