Re: Import chara from ME to ME2 (downloaded by origin)?

by Mopotter

Original Post

Import chara from ME to ME2 (downloaded by origin)?

★★★ Newbie

I know this has probably been asked a lot though I didn't actually see it...  I have download the games from origin and currently downloading ME3 as well.. However, there is no configuration utility for me to transfer my profiles over... I have attempted to simply take the save file and run it through every file in the game and see if that would work, but alas it didn't. How can I get my game to transfer over if there is no configuration utility available (i have been unable to find tha particular file online as well).

Message 1 of 6 (2,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Go to your games location Origin games\Mass effect 2\Binaries\MasseffectConfig

Or go to this site it may help you http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

This is a solution from there

Some people are having have trouble running the config utility, ie. it always crashes. There's a work around which duplicates the copy function, Check out copy/paste job:

If the ME1 save doesn't appear, relax, its just in another folder that ME2 can't see.

Here are the steps
1) Go to Documents > Bioware > Mass Effect (Note: ME1) > Save

2) Now you will see 2 kinds of files

One Like this : Jane01_02

And like this: Char_01-36-3-1-5-25-1-2010-10-24

(Its different for everyone, but as long as it has "Char_" that is the file)

The First one is a in game save, that save cannot be used in ME2 cause its still a work "In Progress" that means you didn't beat the game yet.

Its the second one Char_01-36-3-1-5-25-1-2010-10-24 that is going to work cause it is the end game character.

Now you can copy it by right clicking it and selecting copy or you can take it out and put if somewhere you can grab it later (Like your desktop or folder)

Then repeat step one but click on the Mass effect 2 folder Start > Documents > Bioware > Mass Effect2 > Save

Now if you see a folder called ME1, put it in there, if not you can create one by right clicking on the desktop and scrolling to "New" and click Folder then calling the folder "ME1"

After that drag the ME1 folder into the Mass Effect 2 Saves folders, then put all your "Char_" files there

Message 2 of 6 (2,537 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Azraeill.  I've been trying for over an hour to import the ME character I just finished.  Had no idea it was in my documents folder Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (2,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what if your binaries folder is empty???

Message 4 of 6 (2,473 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you.  Reinstalled my game and could not remember how to fix this.  So glad these are still around.

Message 5 of 6 (927 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect 2, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (794 Views)