I can log into Cerberus Network but I still cannot access DLC

by roboman6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can log into Cerberus Network but I still cannot access DLC

★★ Novice

I am replaying the trilogy.  I played 1 and made all the right decisions, started 2 and raided the shadow brokers base and then put the game on the shelf for a month.  Now, I cannot resume my old save and I get a message saying "The selected save game cannot be loaded. The following downloadable content is missing: Normandy Crash Site, Zaeed, Firewalker Mission Pack, Kasumi, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival".  I have tried reinstalling the game but the problem persists.

Ever time I start the game its says it failed to connect to the cerberus network because it timed out.  This has not been a problem in the past so I am not concerned about it.  I click OK and then "connect" to the cerberus network on the start menu and log in and it appears to be happy, but upon trying to resume or load my save it give the same message.

I know this is an old problem and I have read many of the old topics similar to my problem but they have not helped.  I am wondering if this might not be a newer issue.  I am using steam.  I am going to give up for now and try again in a few days.  I guess I could just start a new play through without the dlc...

Message 1 of 5 (704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can log into Cerberus Network but I still cannot access DLC

★★ Novice

I have overcome the issues I was having.  I will post my solution here.

First problem: The DLC needs to be installed separately. 

I incorrectly assumed Steam installed the DLC with the game.  I am not sure what prompted me to think that, but I clearly forgot the process I went through 6 years ago when I first got the DLC.

Solution: Copy the game key from Steam and redeem it in the Origin store.

At first I tried to follow the instructions here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/ but I had problems load the javascript on the page.  Instead, I redeemed the game key in Origin and I was able to download the extra content from origin, though I now have trouble launching the game from steam.  Now, I go to my steam install library and launch ME2Game.exe from there and everything works.  

It is a bit of a silly mistake, but maybe someone will benefit from my experiences. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (596 Views)

All Replies

@roboman6 

Do you use mods?

Do you changed in game language?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (678 Views)

★★ Novice

@holger1405 

Thanks for the reply.

No, I didn't do either of those, at least not intentionally.

Now that I think about it, I realize I did change the hard drive because my old one died.  I have two hard drives, one to hold the OS (window 10) and also the ME2 save files and the one I replaced holds my steam library.  It just occurred to me that might cause issues, I can't think why it would though.  The save file wasn't altered, all I did was reinstall the game on a new hard drive.

I am going to do some testing and try and think of what swapping hard drives might have changed.

Message 3 of 5 (656 Views)

@roboman6 

Please clear your temp files:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Into the new window, type or copy & paste:  "%temp%"   (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"
  • Now your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.
    (If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)

Then the Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Move the "Mass Effect 2" folder from the "LocalContent" folder to your Desktop.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test

If that don't works I would suggest to contact EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

They can check your account and log on to it to see if it is a local problem. 

If you have trouble with the contact attempt look at this guide

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (632 Views)

★★ Novice

I have overcome the issues I was having.  I will post my solution here.

First problem: The DLC needs to be installed separately. 

I incorrectly assumed Steam installed the DLC with the game.  I am not sure what prompted me to think that, but I clearly forgot the process I went through 6 years ago when I first got the DLC.

Solution: Copy the game key from Steam and redeem it in the Origin store.

At first I tried to follow the instructions here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/ but I had problems load the javascript on the page.  Instead, I redeemed the game key in Origin and I was able to download the extra content from origin, though I now have trouble launching the game from steam.  Now, I go to my steam install library and launch ME2Game.exe from there and everything works.  

It is a bit of a silly mistake, but maybe someone will benefit from my experiences. 

Message 5 of 5 (597 Views)