Re: How do I make custom outfits?

by Holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I make custom outfits?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi, I never modded Mass Effect 2 but I thought and I want to make custom outfits for my squadmates.

How do I do that please?

Message 1 of 4 (722 Views)

Accepted Solution

@9300934542

You need "Photoshop" (or a similar powerful graphic program) probably the "Nvidia DDS plugins" for Photoshop (Depends on the Photoshop version) and the "DirectX Texture Tool" or a graphic program that can handle DDS files natively. 

The side you found the Texmod tutorials on also holds tutorials for modding Mass Effect games. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (887 Views)

All Replies

@9300934542

You need "Photoshop" (or a similar powerful graphic program) probably the "Nvidia DDS plugins" for Photoshop (Depends on the Photoshop version) and the "DirectX Texture Tool" or a graphic program that can handle DDS files natively. 

The side you found the Texmod tutorials on also holds tutorials for modding Mass Effect games. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 4 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the question but is there an easier way? this is very complicated I didn't understand the guide, it is like studying about programming, I don't even know anything about programming.

I know photoshop it is very complicated one of my friends uses it.
Are you a modder? maybe I can follow you step by step perhaps you will be easier than that huge and complicated guide.

Message 3 of 4 (681 Views)

@9300934542

Yes, I mod sometimes, but that wont help in this case.

I can't provide you with a less complicated guide as "girlplaysgame" did, and frankly said, I have no time for a step by step instruction.

You can find guides on Youtube as well, maybe you find them easier to comprehend. 

But modding a game like Mass Effect is complicated, there is no way around that fact. 

If you really want to go into modding you have to learn this stuff.

Message 4 of 4 (634 Views)