Re: Game crashes when I try to leave the Shadow Broker's ship after the mission.

by MrRiklar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes when I try to leave the Shadow Broker's ship after the mission.

★★ Novice

This is after you've beaten the mission and Liara is the new Shadow Broker. I walk up to the door to leave and the game crashes when I click the OK button after it asks me if I want to return to the Normandy. I only have saves within this room. So, unless I can work around this, this entire playthrough is lost. 

Win7

Intel i7

Radoen HD 7870

Message 1 of 29 (50,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes when I try to leave the Shadow Broker's ship after the mission.

★★★★ Novice

Found a fix. DLC CTD Fix for Origin Seems like all the stuff in the thread was for Steam. Did the thing it said in this link and it's working again.

View in thread

Message 10 of 29 (54,469 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi fryboth,

You are not the only one who had this issue. You can find several workarounds for it in this thread:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/4745980

Please let us know what helped you.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 29 (50,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Having the exact same problem as OP and I have tried all the fixes in the link. None of them work for me. You would think that a game breaking bug like this would've been fixed after 5 years...
Message 3 of 29 (48,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is how i got around the Shadowbroker lair crash bug. When i finish the DLC the first time, i investigate everything then i finally talk to Liara, and when she offers to visit me on the Normandy, i say yes right away. It worked on the 3 chars i tried it on, on each of them, i could never get out by the "exit to the Normandy" door. I hope it helps.

Message 4 of 29 (48,320 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is pathetic. This is still an issue in 2016. EA, there is no excuse for making your customers fix the game themselves. It's even worse when you won't have your subsidiaries put in the effort to fix the bugs in the game. Showing favoritism to consoles only shows how little you care about PC, and this is blatantly apparent in your Origin services. Broken DLC, corrupted downloads, and crashes of the program itself. This is unacceptable and is the reason why people hate Origin and will just use Steam. Because Steam works and Origin doesn't.

Message 5 of 29 (48,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem with my game crashing after finishing Lair of the Shadow Broker. I go through the final cutscene, the game crashes as Liara gets in the elevator, if I restart, it loads me into the Shadow Brokers lair and if I try to leave to the Normandy, the game crashes. Every single god damn time. I've tried all of the fixes that I can apply (changing the shortcut link with a steam version just prevents the game from starting at all.), and none of them have worked. Deleting the autosave that;s made when the game crashes, reloading an earlier save, turning all of the graphics down, pretty much all of it.

This is actually the first time that I've run into this bug, and I gotta say, it's pretty freaking irritating. I still have the Arrival DLC to play before I import the save for another ME3 run through, but I can't even get back to my ship.

To provide a little more information to the monkeys at EA that can't seem to get this fixed after years of knowing about this bug, here's the system specs that I'm running on. I guess in the mean time I'll go play some Terraria (You know, a game that actually works.)

i7-6700k (stock clock speeds)

32GB RAM

gtx 980 ti (stock clock speeds)

ASUS Maximus VII Hero

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Game files installed on a Samsung 840 Pro SSD

All drivers and Windows updates are the most current, non-beta versions.

Message 6 of 29 (47,902 Views)

★★★★ Novice

None of those workarounds helped me...

Message 7 of 29 (47,221 Views)

@Legionary92

Did you tried to Repair the Game? (in Origin > my games > right click ME2 > Repair Game) (in steam  > right click at ME2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 29 (47,213 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The option's grayed out. Trying a full reinstall. See if that works.

Message 9 of 29 (47,197 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Found a fix. DLC CTD Fix for Origin Seems like all the stuff in the thread was for Steam. Did the thing it said in this link and it's working again.

Message 10 of 29 (54,470 Views)