Re: Game crashes when I try to leave the Shadow Broker's ship after the mission.

by JustWilhelm

Original Post

Re: Game crashes when I try to leave the Shadow Broker's ship after the mission.

★★★★ Novice

You can't work around it. I have had the game crash on me several times. I have tried ALL of the fixes. I went back to the Normandy with Liara and the game crashed, then put me back in the Shadow Broker Lair and I can't leave. This is absolutely not okay for paid DLC. They should stop selling the content if it crashes the game and they can't be bothered to fix what is making it crash. Give it to people for free with the disclaimer that is it broken.

So it is a missing movie? Patch in the missing file(s). Tell us what is missing and give us access and let us patch it in... something other than fixes that miraculously work for some people but not for others.

I wanted to see the content, but it would have been nice to know what I was getting myself into and why bother giving us in game investment opportunities or planetary surveys if we can't actually benefit from them because we have to find a pre-DLC save to load? 

Message 21 of 29 (2,710 Views)

@gypsygamer 

gypsygamer  schrieb:

You can't work around it.

If things did not changed dramatically inside the last Windows or GPU vendor driver updates, you should be able too.

There is no fix coming for this game, it is over 91/2 years old and the system requirements are clearly stated:  Operation system: Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7.

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the "MassEffect2.exe".

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 22 of 29 (2,695 Views)

★★ Novice

I did manage to leave the base before talking to Liara, returned to the Normandy, and then landed on the base once more... Liara offers to have the drink... then the Normandy scene pulled through just fine... just throwing this fix that worked for me out there for who ever needs it.

Message 23 of 29 (2,446 Views)

★ Apprentice

The crash only happens if you watched Shadow Broker video recording in the room with Feron.
So i fixed this issie by doing this
1)Do everything possible in Shadow Broker room, walk towards the exit, make a quick and separate save files

2)Turn video setting to full screen. 

3)Restart the game
4)Load quick save - you should be standing in front of the exit door still
5)Change video setting to Windowed (borderless window doesnt work)
6)Try exiting to the Normandy. 

If doesnt help - try again. It works for me 3 times out of 5. 

Message 24 of 29 (1,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hate to neco an older thread, but this is still happening in 2021 and they are going to release a remastered Mass Effect trilogy, so I wonder if this bug is still present in that as well?  I've tried all of the suggestions (-nomovie switch, rename of exe files, windowed mode (borderless and border), dropping res, etc.) and I cannot continue the game unless I go back to a save prior to the Shadow Broker Lair and skip the content.  So, with this being known for nearly a decade, why would EA continue to sell the DLC knowing it is broke?  I'm thinking it must be policy because I bought Squadrons and that took months for them to fix and it was so bad they were giving refunds.

Stats:

MSI B550 Gaming Plus mobo

Windows 10 Pro x64 version 20H2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8-core 3.6Ghz

16GB DDR4-3200

Geforce GTX 1070 (driver 461.40)

Seagate FireCuda 520 Gen 4 1TB M.2

Message 25 of 29 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kambriel1 

Bug fixes are part of the LE, so am pretty sure it will be fixed, but I can't grantee it. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 26 of 29 (1,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I went to the extreme and uninstalled the game and all DLC.  I manually removed all the directories, except for the saved game folder AND cleared the Origin cache.  I forgot to mention that I had to quit Origin and start it up again after each DLC downloaded because the bug with it going to 100% and then resetting to 0% was happening.  I tried to load the saved game from just before the Shadow Broker fight after trying and failing on the saved game AFTER the Shadow Broker fight and taking Liara to my cabin on the Normandy (after which it dumped me back at the appearance kiosk on the Shadow Broker's ship).  Liara just says it is nice for me to be there and Ferron is in the back chilling.  I can do everything in here, except leave.

I did notice one thing, I had Task Manager open on my second monitor.  ME2 stopped responding for 4-5 seconds each time I tried to resume the stuck save, but continued onward.  I don't know why this would occur give how smooth the game was prior, as well as short load screens.  I loaded an earlier save and then tried a few other older saves.  I did not get the stopped responding issue with ME2 on those.  CPU utilization doesn't go up during that time, but doesn't go down either.

At this point, I think there should be a lowered price edition for those of us who own all 4 games and DLC for the new one.  The 4K remastering isn't really much different.  You will notice it more in the original Mass Effect than the other 2.  However, having a unified interface and skill tree as well as (at least I hope) bug fixes for this crap, would be nice.

Message 27 of 29 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"The crash only happens if you watched Shadow Broker video recording in the room with Feron."

Can I still watch the video recordings or will they always cause a crash? Do I still get the achievement?

Message 28 of 29 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

The way it worked for me was going back to a save before a viewed the videos, then exiting via the Liara cutscene on the Normandy. Exiting via the door and skipping Liara doesn't work.

Message 29 of 29 (1,230 Views)